Re: WA/OR ALERTS - API insidious anti-ownership bills

  • David Witts
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
      > "whitebootlaced" <bvinyl@p...> wrote:
      > Yeah...that'll endear you to the group and make *everyone* really
      > eager to try to help you. You wanna try to see beyond your own yard
      > and realize that there are other issues out there? Grow up.

      Thank you for that reply, Aimee.

      Further posts on the progressive ban legislation in WA & OR are on
      the HerpLaw forum at kingsnake.com
      http://forum.kingsnake.com/law/

      - Not that these are the only states, alas :(

      I'm not the only person around who is unwilling to see deep-AR groups
      succeed little-by-little in their dogmatic plans to ban *all* exotic
      animal ownership.
      e.g. http://forum.kingsnake.com/law/messages/8396.html

      > Oh, and by the way, try splitting the tadpoles up into more
      > buckets. <clip>

      ... I read the advice, too, and am always trying to absorb more :)
      Thank you to everyone who shares their knowledge and understanding,
      on-line.

      Am just not a herp & amphibian "expert", so it's mostly listening and
      learning, rather than actively contributing to these discussions,
      here...

      Take care y'all,
      David.

      http://www.phoenixexotics.org/
    • David Witts
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 16, 2003
        Hello again, list :)

        I've posted an update on API's "ban bills" for WA (HB1151) & OR
        (HB3065) over on the kingsnake.com "Herp Law" forum, fyi.
        => http://forum.kingsnake.com/law/messages/8440.html

        In summary, WA HB1151 could still have serious negative impact whilst
        OR HB3065 is dead... but it is almost 100% certain that API will be
        back next year.

        "Phoenix Exotics" is taking pre-emptive action on both of these (and
        other pro-responsible ownership issues) and would be happy to assist
        in further networking input against such fear-driven, intolerant and
        ill-informed legislation.
        Please drop us a line if you know of such scenarios where we can help
        each other to work together; for the benefit of owners, animals and
        general public, alike :)

        With kindest regards,