becoming a herpetologist

  • ericskates512
    Message 1 of 3013 , Dec 4, 2001
      I'm an 18-year-old senior in high school in
      central Texas. I live just outside of Austin. Please
      provide me with information about how to become a
      herpetologist. I love amphibians and reptiles of all species,
      especially exotic snakes (pythons & boas). I am looking to
      become a breeder and possibly work at a zoo as a
      profession. I really have no idea about how to become a
      herpetologist, so if you can, please be as descriptive as
      possible. Thank you for your time in reading this message.

      From yaho
    • cali_car
      Message 3013 of 3013 , Mar 4 8:44 PM
        I think moving it to a warmer room will do it
        some good. I feed mine a little daily, can't really
        help it since they have fishie buddies. If you are
        going to do worms, you might want to cut down to half a
        cube every other day. One cube can be a lot for little
        tummies. <br> They most certainly know who feeds them.
        Heck I even have a puffer fish that stares at me from
        his tank, by my couch, if I haven't fed him. <br> I
        think you are on the right track and you should do
        fine. Let me know if anything weird starts happening.

        From sami