Is my Iguana sick?

  • artunia
    Message 1 of 3013 , Jan 1, 2001
      My 3 yr old green iguana seems to be going into
      heat(he has bright orange markings on his face and
      spines). He's also been very moody and has not been eating
      regularly. Sometimes he'll just stay in his enclosure and
      bask, when he used to active every day. The main thing
      that concerns me is that his tail is turning a
      blue-grey(For almost 2 weeks now). I've only heard of grey
      tails on iguanas when it's their second one. Does any
      one know what this might

      From
    • cali_car
      Message 3013 of 3013 , Mar 4, 2002
        I think moving it to a warmer room will do it
        some good. I feed mine a little daily, can't really
        help it since they have fishie buddies. If you are
        going to do worms, you might want to cut down to half a
        cube every other day. One cube can be a lot for little
        tummies. <br> They most certainly know who feeds them.
        Heck I even have a puffer fish that stares at me from
        his tank, by my couch, if I haven't fed him. <br> I
        think you are on the right track and you should do
        fine. Let me know if anything weird starts happening.

        From sami