Proceedings from the 23 rd annual IHS

  • CRZYCICADA
    Message 1 of 3013 , Aug 3, 1999
      The 23rd annual International Herpetological
      Symposium was held on July 28 thru 31 in San Diego, CA. It
      was another great conference with many great
      speakers. A breakdown of the speakers and topics
      follows:<br><br>Dr. Charles Daugherty - breeding tuataras in New
      Zealand.<br><br>Ed Pirog - Care and breeding of the Egyptian
      tortoise.<br><br>Mark Phillips - CITES and new animal transport
      regulations: a view from the USFWS.<br><br>Dr. Susan Donoghue
      (editor of the Vivarium) - Diet and nutrition for captive
      tortoises.<br><br>Jeff Ettling - Managing vipers in
      captivity.<br><br>Jerry Conway - captive husbandry and propagation of
      Pacific boas (Candoia).<br><br>Dr. Gunther Koehler -
      Ctenosaura and their natural history and
      herpetoculture.<br><br>Workshop, Ask the Vet - Dr. Thomas Boyer and Dr. Scott
      Stahl<br><br>Phillipe de Vosjoli - The natural history, care and
      breeding of the largest living gecko, Rhacodactylus
      leachianus.<br><br>Jeff Barringer - The work and status of NRAAC and
      PIJAC.<br><br>Dr. Aaron Bauer - African fat-toed geckos
      Phylogeography of the night lizard (Xantusia).<br><br>Jesus
      Rivas - Life history of the green anaconda, Eunectes
      of the San Diego Zoo <br><br>Carlos Arevalo -
      Herpetariums and herpetological collections of
      Mexico.<br><br>Dr. Anita Malhotra - Puzzling pit vipers, what we
      don't know about Trimeresurus.<br><br>Dr. Brad
      Hollingsworth - Evolution and natural history of the
      chuckwalla, Sauromalus.<br><br>Dr. Robert Fisher -
      Herpetofauna diversity of southern
      California.<br><br>Workshop, Publish Your Herpetological Articles - Vivarium
      Magazine, Reptile and Amphibian Hobbyist and Reptiles
      Magazine.<br><br>Banquet dinner and auction with the keynote lecture - Dr.
      Robert F. Inger (The Legend) - The natural history of
      the frogs of Borneo.<br><br>Next years IHS meeting
      will be on July 12-15 in New Orleans, LA. The
      following years IHS is tenatively set for Detroit.
    • cali_car
      Message 3013 of 3013 , Mar 4, 2002
        I think moving it to a warmer room will do it
        some good. I feed mine a little daily, can't really
        help it since they have fishie buddies. If you are
        going to do worms, you might want to cut down to half a
        cube every other day. One cube can be a lot for little
        tummies. <br> They most certainly know who feeds them.
        Heck I even have a puffer fish that stares at me from
        his tank, by my couch, if I haven't fed him. <br> I
        think you are on the right track and you should do
        fine. Let me know if anything weird starts happening.

        From sami