Venomous Snake Safety Guide for Reptile

  • CRZYCICADA
    Message 1 of 3013 , Jul 2, 1999
      SSAR (The Society for the Study of Amphibians and
      Reptiles) has announced the publication of "Venomous
      Snakes: A Safety Guide for Reptile Keepers," by William
      Altimari. This 24 page booklet contains a wealth of info on
      everything from habits, sizes, venom yields, symptoms of
      envenomation, LD50, etc. The price is $6.00 plus $2 shipping
      for the first copy and an additional $1 shipping for
      each subsequent copy. If anyone is interested in
      purchasing this book, they can email the founder of this
      club for the proper address and contact.
    • cali_car
      Message 3013 of 3013 , Mar 4, 2002
        I think moving it to a warmer room will do it
        some good. I feed mine a little daily, can't really
        help it since they have fishie buddies. If you are
        going to do worms, you might want to cut down to half a
        cube every other day. One cube can be a lot for little
        tummies. <br> They most certainly know who feeds them.
        Heck I even have a puffer fish that stares at me from
        his tank, by my couch, if I haven't fed him. <br> I
        think you are on the right track and you should do
        fine. Let me know if anything weird starts happening.

        From sami