3 Deadly snake - Snakebites this week in Melb ....

  • Raymond Hoser
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2007
      Two made it into the papers, the third happened tonight and didn't.
      This was a 5.5 foot Red-bellied Black that chomped my finger tonight at
      feeding time - yes I was using tongs to hold the mouse, but the snake
      took my hand instead. Yes, it moved fast...
      The fangs made a nice pair of cuts in my finger and on that basis there
      was some pain. Actually the size of the fangs surprised me (you see you
      don't see them normally as flesh covers a lot of them).
      But as the snake had been made venomoid four years ago, I shook it off
      and said "sorry".
      The male's girlfriend is due to give birth in early march.
      It was the first time I'd been chomped by a Red-bellied Black of any
      size.
      I suppose, it's fair to claim it was an "avoidable bite" (all are...),
      but hindsight is wonderful.
      By the way, this is one of the snakes that tools have been claiming has
      it's mouth superglued...anyone got a spare tube...I may need more ...
      just kidding.
      ALL THE BEST