Custom Colors

  • B.J.
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6 9:56 AM
      Can we customize the colors for objects by type in the RGB we desire? I
      tried entering the numbers I wished into the RGB slots, but they do not
      change the color of the object I'm trying to color.

      Thanks,
      B.J.
    • Jeff Hebert
      Message 2 of 4 , May 6 5:27 PM
        Yes, that should work. Enter the values you want, then click on the color
        preview box to "set" it. At least I think that's how it works.

        Jeff

        On 5/6/07, B.J. <paperville@...> wrote:

        > Can we customize the colors for objects by type in the RGB we desire? I
        > tried entering the numbers I wished into the RGB slots, but they do not
        > change the color of the object I'm trying to color.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > B.J.

      • B.J.
        Message 3 of 4 , May 9 5:31 AM
          Didn't work for me. Once I enter the values, they change when moving
          the mouse.

          B.J.

          > Yes, that should work. Enter the values you want, then click on the
          color
          > preview box to "set" it. At least I think that's how it works.
          >
          > Jeff
        • Jeff Hebert
          Message 4 of 4 , May 9 5:36 AM
            On 5/9/07, B.J. <paperville@...> wrote:

            > Didn't work for me. Once I enter the values, they change when moving
            > the mouse.
            >
            > B.J.

            It works, you just have to be really really careful. It's clunky, I admit,
            but I just tried it and I did get it to work. Basically you double-click in
            the red box, careful not to let the mouse move over the big color area after
            the double-click. Enter your value. Don't hit enter. Mouse down to the next
            box and repeat until you've got the color you want, careful along the way
            not to let the mouse wander out of those boxes. Once you're done, carefully
            mouse up over the boxes to the preview color area, and click it.

            Clunky and picky, as I said, but it does work. The key is not letting the
            cursor wander over either the big color area to the right or the pre-set
            color swatches to the left, as mousing over those replaces the preview color
            with the one you moused over. I hope to improve this substantially in HM3.

            Jeff