Re: HM 2.0

  • rayhne
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2002
      If you look in the Photo section, you'll see an example of "Aura
      Guy", with the skin layered down. Lots of possibilities.

      --- In heromachine@y..., "D. Hobson" <dhobson@n...> wrote:
      > Hi Jeff,
      >
      > Skins:
      > Jeff, would it be possible to have a blank selection in the skins
      so one
      > could make a vapor, fiery, or other amorphous figure using the aura
      and
      > other components?
    • Evan Dictor
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2002
        I've been using HeroMachine forever and been in this mailing list almost as
        long (even though I rarely post).

        I'm not in the beta, nor have I read much about it, but here are a few
        things that I'd very much like to see:

        (all are from a Fantasy RPGer perspective)

        Races: At least the standard AD&D ones: Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Gnome,
        Half-Elf, Half-Orc
        Weapons: Swords (flaming is nice too), Maces, Axes, Flails, Bows (short,
        long and composite of each), Polearms (spear, halbred, bardiche), Whip,
        Quarterstaff, weird weapons (double-axe, axe-spear)
        Armor: Light leather type, heavy studded, scale, chain, breastplate,
        full-plate, robes
        Other: Rings, amulets, various gloves and belts

        I don't want everything (where would I put it?) but those are some things I
        hope you'll consider (or have already considered).

        Thanks,
        Evan
      • hildulf
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2002
          Most of the Racial stuff you can do with scaling... Been doing that
          one for a while...
          I like the weapons ideas, though...

          Hildulf

          --- In heromachine@y..., "Evan Dictor" <evan@d...> wrote:
          > I've been using HeroMachine forever and been in this mailing list
          almost as
          > long (even though I rarely post).
          >
          > I'm not in the beta, nor have I read much about it, but here are a
          few
          > things that I'd very much like to see:
          >
          > (all are from a Fantasy RPGer perspective)
          >
          > Races: At least the standard AD&D ones: Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling,
          Gnome,
          > Half-Elf, Half-Orc
          > Weapons: Swords (flaming is nice too), Maces, Axes, Flails, Bows
          (short,
          > long and composite of each), Polearms (spear, halbred, bardiche),
          Whip,
          > Quarterstaff, weird weapons (double-axe, axe-spear)
          > Armor: Light leather type, heavy studded, scale, chain, breastplate,
          > full-plate, robes
          > Other: Rings, amulets, various gloves and belts
          >
          > I don't want everything (where would I put it?) but those are some
          things I
          > hope you'll consider (or have already considered).
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Evan
        • Jeff Hebert
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 4, 2002
            Thanks for writing, Evan!

            There will only be human-sized bodies in the initial release. Most of the
            rest of what you asked for is already in.

            Jeff