Dave: Thanks for this. Can you post an updated trace? Tomorrow (9/1) may be my best opportunity to bag the UP 1989 - one I haven't seen yet and is in my Top 2hot.copywriter
Didn’t have time yesterday to post my attempts at getting the GSGVJC (or I guess, now the GSGVAV), but here was my attempt at UP’s Galveston Yard. Alas,rmitche1958
Canadian Pacific, BNSF, UP Rio Grande heritage, and Ferromex were all represented on this train, a grain shuttle from Galveston to Avon, Iowa. Unfortunately,nathankman
The list was originally created specifically (and exclusively) for the six Union Pacific Heritage Units that came out in 2005 and 2006. However, over the years, the membership has decided to expand the units that are appropriate for discussion on the list. Here is a list of locomotives currently acceptable for discussion on this forum:
1. All six original Union Pacific Heritage Units
2. All 21 Norfolk Southern Heritage Units + NS 6920 Honoring our Veterans
3. Union Pacific's George HW Bush SD70ACe (#4141)
4. Union Pacific's 2002 Winter Olympics SD70Ms
5. IAIS Rock Island "Heritage Unit" (#513)
6. Union Pacific's BSA Anniversary Unit (#2010) and Breast Cancer Awareness Unit (#7400)
7. Amtrak's 40th Anniversary Units (#66, #145, #156, #184)
8. Amtrak's 40th Anniversary Train (Units #406 and #822)
9. Amtrak "Salute to Veterans" unit #42
10. BNSF "Test Pattern" units (#7695, #9647, #8197)
11. NS #6963 GORAIL 10th Anniversary Unit
12. NS 911
Other areas of conversation that are allowed, but on a limited basis such as special runs or occasional location updates:
1. Remaining unpatched Espee and CNW units on Union Pacific's roster
2. Union Pacific's steam locomotives (#3985 and #844)
3. Union Pacific's E-units and DDA40X (#6936)
4. Espee steam locomotive (#4449)
5. Norfolk Southern former green "Southern" GP59 (#4610)
6. Norfolk Southern executive F units
NOTE: REPOSTING HERITAGE TRACES IS A VIOLATION OF LIST RULES. IF YOU REPOST TRACES ELSEWHERE ON THE INTERNET, YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THIS LIST!!!
The current photo shows NKP 765 with the PRR and Conrail NS Heritage Units at Horseshoe Curve. Image by Matthew Chapman
- Railway Enthusiasts
- May 11, 2007
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.