Re: Where is JRP started?

  • somitcw
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2013
      --- In hercules-os380@yahoogroups.com,
      Jon Perryman <jperryma@...> wrote:
      > From: Doug <doug_wegscheid@...>
      >> Not a biggie, but annoying to me: I just 'upgraded'
      >>from Turnkey-3 to MVS/380 1.2. It starts JRP, which
      >>I don't want to do.
      >> I can't find any 'S JRP' in SYS1.PARMLIB(COMMND*),
      >>nor in SYS1.JES2PARM(JES2PARM). How is JRP getting
      >>started? Something in VTAM startup?
      > The easiest method is just to modify SYS1.PROCLIB(JRP).
      >Add a batch TSO step that executes a clist with a series
      >of SE 'xxxx' commands to display messages on the console.
      >The messages could say that you disabled JRP and to
      >re-enable, you must modify SYS1.PROCLIB(JRP). Enabling
      >it later is easy and you only have to look at the MVS380
      >console in the hercules console to see these messages.
      > PGUP and PGDN allow you to scroll in the Hercules console
      >and /xxxx allows you to issue MVS commands in MVS380.
      > Jon Perryman.
      > ________________________________

      Updating the PROC is easiest fix. Just changing the
      PGM= by inserting IEFBR14 and pushing the old program
      name to be a comment. The "SEND" idea assumes that
      someone would want to use the same method to start JRP
      in the future.

      You could also just zap the CSECT to change S JRP to
      CL5'D T xx' or CL5'// '

      pds 'sys1.lpalib'
      PDS -- VERSION 8.5.25
      DISP UNIT RECFM LRECL BLKSIZE ALLOCTRK FREETRK SECONDARY FREEDIR
      SHR 3350 U 0 19069 1X 900 499 1 CYL 83
      ENTER OPTION -- DSN=SYS1.LPALIB,VOL=SER=MVSRES MEM=
      find : 'jrp'
      ** FIND IGC0003E
      AT 003340 CSECT IEECVXIT LENGTH 00092A
      0034B0 0170 C17C0009 0000E240 D1D9D700 1B000A22
      8 BLOCKS IN THIS MEMBER
      ENTER OPTION -- DSN=SYS1.LPALIB,VOL=SER=MVSRES MEM=:
      end