Where is JRP started?

  • Doug
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2013
      Not a biggie, but annoying to me: I just 'upgraded' from Turnkey-3 to MVS/380 1.2. It starts JRP, which I don't want to do.

      I can't find any 'S JRP' in SYS1.PARMLIB(COMMND*), nor in SYS1.JES2PARM(JES2PARM). How is JRP getting started? Something in VTAM startup?
    • Jon Perryman
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 25, 2013
        The easiest method is just to modify SYS1.PROCLIB(JRP). Add a batch TSO step that executes a clist with a series of SE 'xxxx' commands to display messages on the console. The messages could say that you disabled JRP and to re-enable, you must modify SYS1.PROCLIB(JRP). Enabling it later is easy and you only have to look at the MVS380 console in the hercules console to see these messages.

        PGUP and PGDN allow you to scroll in the Hercules console and /xxxx allows you to issue MVS commands in MVS380.

        Jon Perryman.

        From: Doug <doug_wegscheid@...>

        Not a biggie, but annoying to me: I just 'upgraded' from Turnkey-3 to MVS/380 1.2. It starts JRP, which I don't want to do.

        I can't find any 'S JRP' in SYS1.PARMLIB(COMMND*), nor in SYS1.JES2PARM(JES2PARM). How is JRP getting started? Something in VTAM startup?
      • somitcw
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 25, 2013
          --- In hercules-os380@yahoogroups.com,
          Jon Perryman <jperryma@...> wrote:
          > From: Doug <doug_wegscheid@...>
          >> Not a biggie, but annoying to me: I just 'upgraded'
          >>from Turnkey-3 to MVS/380 1.2. It starts JRP, which
          >>I don't want to do.
          >> I can't find any 'S JRP' in SYS1.PARMLIB(COMMND*),
          >>nor in SYS1.JES2PARM(JES2PARM). How is JRP getting
          >>started? Something in VTAM startup?
          > The easiest method is just to modify SYS1.PROCLIB(JRP).
          >Add a batch TSO step that executes a clist with a series
          >of SE 'xxxx' commands to display messages on the console.
          >The messages could say that you disabled JRP and to
          >re-enable, you must modify SYS1.PROCLIB(JRP). Enabling
          >it later is easy and you only have to look at the MVS380
          >console in the hercules console to see these messages.
          > PGUP and PGDN allow you to scroll in the Hercules console
          >and /xxxx allows you to issue MVS commands in MVS380.
          > Jon Perryman.
          > ________________________________

          Updating the PROC is easiest fix. Just changing the
          PGM= by inserting IEFBR14 and pushing the old program
          name to be a comment. The "SEND" idea assumes that
          someone would want to use the same method to start JRP
          in the future.

          You could also just zap the CSECT to change S JRP to
          CL5'D T xx' or CL5'// '

          pds 'sys1.lpalib'
          PDS -- VERSION 8.5.25
          DISP UNIT RECFM LRECL BLKSIZE ALLOCTRK FREETRK SECONDARY FREEDIR
          SHR 3350 U 0 19069 1X 900 499 1 CYL 83
          ENTER OPTION -- DSN=SYS1.LPALIB,VOL=SER=MVSRES MEM=
          find : 'jrp'
          ** FIND IGC0003E
          AT 003340 CSECT IEECVXIT LENGTH 00092A
          0034B0 0170 C17C0009 0000E240 D1D9D700 1B000A22
          8 BLOCKS IN THIS MEMBER
          ENTER OPTION -- DSN=SYS1.LPALIB,VOL=SER=MVSRES MEM=:
          end