Re: minors

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 25, 2013
      --- In hercules-os380@yahoogroups.com, Jon Perryman <jperryma@...> wrote:

      > could be ordered by Australian courts to pay the
      > full $15/hour retroactive.

      Wow. It never occurred to me that the Australian
      government would do something like that when I'm
      employing foreigners.

      > As for contracts with minors, they are usually
      > (but not always) worthless

      Sure.

      > As for public domain software from minors, they
      > can't actually consent.

      So anything written by a minor is copyright by
      them and they cannot relinquish that copyright
      at all?

      Thanks. Paul.
    • Gerhard Postpischil
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 25, 2013
        On 4/26/2013 1:06 AM, kerravon86 wrote:
        > So anything written by a minor is copyright by
        > them and they cannot relinquish that copyright
        > at all?

        The closest thing would be a contract with a parent or guardian, but
        you'd still have to meet local restrictions on working conditions and
        the wage paid.

        Gerhard Postpischil
        Bradford, Vermont