Re: Un-slant the Jes separator page ?

  • tomhall.teepee
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 17, 2013
      Thanks Gerhard - that worked fine

      -Tom

      --- In hercules-os380@yahoogroups.com, Gerhard Postpischil <gerhard@...> wrote:

      > Hope this is not a duplicate - I got an error the first time I tried to
      > send it.
      >

      > On 2/14/2013 1:58 PM, tomhall.teepee wrote:
      > > The install I used is the 2nd download listed in file
      > > _TK3herc_links.html
      > > <http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cDAdUQCJaWHvms4J83Y5DalSuUzng1HdSMuJCeDZFaDgrY4gqAloMpQz2ngoz9tE9Tlw-B8E2uZVPTLHHS7NLB4yfpTFdMBrMZDkl5Q/_TK3herc_links.html> in
      >
      > It took me a while (I kept getting the wrong conf directory, and there
      > is an error in 3.07 - it doesn't create the shadow files the way my
      > older version does).
      >
      > 1) Assembling HASPPRPU results in displacements that do not match the
      > load module. I'm not sure whether the source has PTFs applied that are
      > not in the load module, or vice versa.
      >
      > 2) I successfully ran the following job:
      >
      > //HERC01ZP JOB CLASS=C,MSGCLASS=C,REGION=0K NOTIFY=HERC01
      > //*
      > //TESTRUN EXEC PGM=AMASPZAP
      > //SYSLIB DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS1.LINKLIB
      > //SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
      > * THIS ZAP DISABLES ITALIC PRINTING IN THE JOB SEPARATOR
      > NAME HASJES20 HASPPRPU
      > VER 3C46 4157,1000,9180,D0FC,4710,C28C
      > *
      > REP 3C4E 47F0
      > //
      >
      > 3) If that doesn't work, use RFE to look at the output, and FIND 4157.
      > Adjust the VER/REP offsets accordingly.
      >
      > Gerhard Postpischil
      > Bradford, Vermont

    • tomhall.teepee
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 17, 2013
        Hi Gerhard - just a suggestion ... perhaps your (corrected) Zap job should be saved somewhere for others to enjoy - perhaps in this forums files section, or maybe on the CBTTape ?

        -Tom

        --- In hercules-os380@yahoogroups.com, Gerhard Postpischil <gerhard@...> wrote:

        > Hope this is not a duplicate - I got an error the first time I tried to
        > send it.
        >

        > On 2/14/2013 1:58 PM, tomhall.teepee wrote:
        > > The install I used is the 2nd download listed in file
        > > _TK3herc_links.html
        > > <http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cDAdUQCJaWHvms4J83Y5DalSuUzng1HdSMuJCeDZFaDgrY4gqAloMpQz2ngoz9tE9Tlw-B8E2uZVPTLHHS7NLB4yfpTFdMBrMZDkl5Q/_TK3herc_links.html> in
        >
        > It took me a while (I kept getting the wrong conf directory, and there
        > is an error in 3.07 - it doesn't create the shadow files the way my
        > older version does).
        >
        > 1) Assembling HASPPRPU results in displacements that do not match the
        > load module. I'm not sure whether the source has PTFs applied that are
        > not in the load module, or vice versa.
        >
        > 2) I successfully ran the following job:
        >
        > //HERC01ZP JOB CLASS=C,MSGCLASS=C,REGION=0K NOTIFY=HERC01
        > //*
        > //TESTRUN EXEC PGM=AMASPZAP
        > //SYSLIB DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS1.LINKLIB
        > //SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
        > * THIS ZAP DISABLES ITALIC PRINTING IN THE JOB SEPARATOR
        > NAME HASJES20 HASPPRPU
        > VER 3C46 4157,1000,9180,D0FC,4710,C28C
        > *
        > REP 3C4E 47F0
        > //
        >
        > 3) If that doesn't work, use RFE to look at the output, and FIND 4157.
        > Adjust the VER/REP offsets accordingly.
        >
        > Gerhard Postpischil
        > Bradford, Vermont

      • Gerhard Postpischil
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 17, 2013
          On 2/17/2013 10:19 AM, tomhall.teepee wrote:
          > Hi Gerhard - just a suggestion ... perhaps your (corrected) Zap job
          > should be saved somewhere for others to enjoy - perhaps in this
          > forums files section, or maybe on the CBTTape ?

          It's too specific for the CBT; I'd like to see it in HERC01.TEST.CNTL,
          along with a whole slew of other jobs (e.g., PDS compress, printing a
          dump, SORT, etc.). Or perhaps the MVS380 distribution should have a new
          library (HERC01.SAMPLIB?). Candidates would be simple assembly, assembly
          and link, compiles for supported languages, and all basic
          IBM utilities.

          I see no problem with the file section, but only if there are a couple
          more takers; I'd hate hate to waste our space otherwise.

          Gerhard Postpischil
          Bradford, Vermont