Re: [hercules-os380] Re: Getting to grips: which to use

  • Mark Morgan Lloyd
    Message 1 of 44 , Jan 8, 2013
      Dave Wade wrote:

      > >> the good old APL times... yes, I'd also be very interested to hear if
      > >> somewhere an old APL tape with one of the /3x0 implementations would pop
      > >> up (and be legally usable).

      In case anybody's not seen this, it appears that the Computer History
      Museum has successfully swung an agreement that makes the APL\360 source
      available for non-commercial use.

      http://lathwellproductions.ca/wordpress/2012/10/10/my-hero-shustek-apl360-10-years-later/

      --
      Mark Morgan Lloyd
      markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk

    • Mark Morgan Lloyd
      Message 44 of 44 , Jan 9, 2013
        Mike Schwab wrote:

        > It's been resurected. They had to update the terminal driver to
        > support APL overprint charachters and fix the timer for MVT. They had
        > to create a job to initialize the workspaces.

        Yes, but since it had been discussed on this list and since discussion
        (and conclusions) on Yahoo! don't generally propagate to Google etc. I
        thought it worth mentioning.