lexx/flexx & yacc/bison

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2011
      Message
      Paul,
       Are these in the GCC you built for VM/380. Its been ages since I built a GCC..
      Dave.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2011
        --- In hercules-os380@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dave.g4ugm@...> wrote:

        > Are these in the GCC you built for VM/380. Its been
        > ages since I built a

        Those products are considered to be separate from
        GCC. They are just some of many possible C programs.
        They are bundled with the VM sixpack.

        BFN. Paul.
      • Dave Wade
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2011
          On 01/06/2011 11:48, kerravon86 wrote:
          > --- In hercules-os380@yahoogroups.com, "Dave"<dave.g4ugm@...> wrote:
          >> Are these in the GCC you built for VM/380. Its been
          >> ages since I built a
          > Those products are considered to be separate from
          > GCC. They are just some of many possible C programs.
          > They are bundled with the VM sixpack.
          >
          > BFN. Paul.

          Sorry to be thick, but do I need anything special to get it to use ATL
          memory...

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2011
            --- In hercules-os380@yahoogroups.com, Dave Wade <dave.g4ugm@...> wrote:

            > On 01/06/2011 11:48, kerravon86 wrote:
            > > --- In hercules-os380@yahoogroups.com, "Dave"<dave.g4ugm@> wrote:
            > >> Are these in the GCC you built for VM/380. Its been
            > >> ages since I built a
            > > Those products are considered to be separate from
            > > GCC. They are just some of many possible C programs.
            > > They are bundled with the VM sixpack.
            >
            > Sorry to be thick, but do I need anything special
            > to get it to use ATL memory...

            "it" = flexx, bison, gcc or sixpack?

            flexx & bison are 24-bit programs. You could build
            them as 31-bit but I assume that's not what you want
            to do.

            To get gcc to run as 31-bit requires Hercules/380
            plus more than 16 MB of memory defined. E.g. 200 MB.
            Bob set it up so that GCC automatically runs as
            either 24-bit or 31-bit depending on environment.

            I believe the only thing you will otherwise see in
            the sixpack when running as 31-bit is a splash screen.

            BFN. Paul.