LG/STG age

    Message 1 of 45 , Apr 9
      How old are the LG and STG instructions
      with a view to finding out when they will
      be outside any possible 20-year patent
      IBM may think they have?

      Thanks. Paul.
      Message 45 of 45 , Apr 29
        ---In hercules-os380@yahoogroups.com, <kerravon86@...> wrote :

        > Yes, that is my understanding. It is also
        > my guess that BSM with the low bit set
        > was also part of the first cut of z. Is that
        > guess correct?

        I have found the first version of z/Arch,
        which is what I will probably stick to
        for decades for my own programming,
        as part of "lowest common denominator".

        http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=pub1sa22783200