7423Re: [hercules-os380] RE: concatenation of unlike sequential datasets

  • Gerhard Postpischil
    Mar 4, 2014
      On 3/4/2014 1:22 AM, kerravon86@... wrote:
      > I do not remember such a specification, nor do I believe it is even
      > technically possible, and nor do I think it has been implemented that way.

      OPENMPRM L R4,PARM2 R4 is the MODE. 0=input 1=output
      CH R4,=H'256' Call with value?
      BL *+8 Yes; else pointer
      L R4,0(,R4) Load C/370 MODE. 0=input 1=output

      > Here is the "unit record" code:
      >

      > L R5,PARM2 POINT TO MODE
      > MVC 3(1,R5),IOMFLAGS Pass (updated) file mode back
      > CLI DEVINFO+2,UCB3UREC
      > BNE NOTUNREC Not unit-record
      > OI 3(R5),IOFUREC flag unit-record

      That looks like an error, as it should have been loading PARM3.

      Gerhard Postpischil
      Bradford, Vermont
    • Show all 143 messages in this topic