66832Source for PL/C

  • Mike Alexander
    Dec 31, 2011
      --On December 28, 2011 12:57:06 PM +0000 peter_flass
      <peter_flass@...> wrote:

      > Mike - have you looked to see if there's a PL/C tape around? I
      > looked at D6.0 and found the MTS patches to the PL/C source, but the
      > original was a separate tape. As I mentioned, Cornell has said they
      > don't care what happens to PL/C, which I'm sure someone there would
      > be happy to confirm, but I haven't been able to find the source over
      > many years.

      I don't think we have a copy of PL/C. It was never on the distribution
      tapes for copyright reasons. It appears that by the time MTS was shut
      down the source for it was no longer in the file system (if it ever
      was). The tape that it was on was probably still at the Computing
      Center then, but it is long gone now. We still have the object for the
      MTS version so it would be possible to run it there, but that's the
      best that I can offer.

      Mike
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic