New Member

  • coastomaineknitter
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 27, 2010
      Hello. Just started yesterday but have had the pattern for months. Since I just finished a sweater in Ecology wool & had a full skein +a large ball leftover, the time seems right. I'm past the dreaded 14th row(no problem) but 3 rows in I'm not getting the correct number. Since I generally have fits & starts with ALL my projects, this is just "a learning opportunity" & I'll probably start again this afternoon....better than wonky stitches haunting me later.

      This is going to be inplace of the birthday afghan for my DS's birthady in January, Originally, I'd gotten 3/4th done on a self designed afghan in natural fisherman's yarn. This was for his 25th birthday. He was "polite" about the color, and so it languishes. Now he has a "lady in his life" who has brought him to senses ( AND is new to knitting!), so for his 35th he will get a Hemlock Ring.
      Betsey in Maine
    • fretnmore
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 27, 2010
        Hi,

        I'm also new and figured since I am about half way done with my first hemlock I figured it was time to introduce myself. I tried getting started with a sock weight yarn and gave up after a couple of fits and rip outs. Went to a DK weight and sailed through it. I think I was getting things twisted somehow in the sock weight. So maybe it will go better after finishing this.  My only worry now is how to block this hummer. It feels like it is going to be HUGE! I'm not sure I have enough room anywhere to actually block it. I may have to check into using the top of the pool table (which no one uses much now that the kids have their own homes).  Anybody want to buy a pool table?

        --
        Pat Lupori
        Tri Wolf Studios