Baby Approved?

  • superzosh1
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2010
      Hi Everyone,

      I just started this blanket on Thursday and already on round 25 of the fan pattern. I just love it! My original plan was to make this is as a baby blanket for my boss. I'm using Lion Brands Baby First on size 10.5 needles. The holes around the center of the petal seem a big too big for a baby. They are almost 2" wide. Does this matter? I don't have any kids and haven't been around a baby in at least 10 years.

      Any input would be fantastic.
      Thanks!

      Sophia aka Spicypinkpunk on Ravelry
    • Carmen Rigby
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2010
        I don't see why that would be an issue; crocheted blankets for the most part have holes in them as well.
      • Leslie Axvig
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2010
          I have a 4 week old and wouldn't hesitate over 2" holes. Can't wait to see the FO!

          Leslie Axvig
        • Jessica-Jean
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 11, 2010
            Yes, crocheted baby blankets have holes. However, most crocheted fabrics do not lend themselves to 'pulling' of threads the way - sadly - most knitted fabrics do. The possible danger is that a baby's tiny fingers or - more likely to be overlooked too long - toes get one or more wraps of yarn that can cut off circulation to the teensy digit. It's not the holes per se that are the danger; it's the yarn that can be pulled loose.

            Jessica-Jean