New Members

  • hemlockringkal-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 7 , May 14, 2010
      We have some new members joining us. Please introduce yourself to the list!
      --MoniqueWS
    • debponzio
      Message 2 of 7 , May 15, 2010
        Hi.... Debbi from Maumee OH.
        Empty nester.... with 4 grandkids.... great husband.
        Been knitting for 3 1/2 years.... since I emptied the nest.
        Looking forward to tackling this project.

        --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, hemlockringkal-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > We have some new members joining us. Please introduce yourself to the list!
        > --MoniqueWS

      • Mcnichol, Rebekah Ms DoD Ben USA
        Message 3 of 7 , May 16, 2010
          My name is Rebekah. I am a mother of 2 girls and this is my 4th
          Hemlock. I have done 1 out of Bernat chunky, 1 of eco Wool, 1 of
          Cascade Quatro. I plan to start this new one also out of Cascade Eco
          Wool. And a random tip. It is part of Yarn.com's Anniversary sale
          going on till the end of the month. I got my eco from there during
          this deal (one left over from last year, you only need 2 unless you
          try and make it bigger) and one from this years sale yesterday.) Webs
          also did a Knit along with this project a few years ago, so you can
          find all sorts of tips there as well. I did my first with them and
          then found this group.

          I like making them as Wedding gifts. They look fancy, but my cost is
          only about 20.

          I will have to start soon. So lets cast-on!

          --RebekahKnits
        • ltec61
          Message 4 of 7 , May 17, 2010
            --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, hemlockringkal-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

            > We have some new members joining us. Please introduce yourself to the list!
            > --MoniqueWS

            My name is Lisa from Staten Island, NY. I learned to knit at age 10 and took it back up after 35 yrs a couple of yrs ago. I am interested in making the Hemlock Ring because I've seen and liked a few pieces by Jared Flood. I'm presently making his Girasole shawl.
          • desert1mama
            Message 5 of 7 , May 22, 2010
              I'm not exactly a new member to the group, but I've never introduced myself. I'm Valarie and I'm in Arizona. I found this group through Ravelry as well. I started the Hemlock ring once on some leftover yarn, just to get a feel for it. I loved the pattern and ordered the EcoWool Jarrod used so I could come as close as possible to replicating his throw. I just finished a beautiful lace-weight wrap and can't wait to start on this project!

              --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, hemlockringkal-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

              > We have some new members joining us. Please introduce yourself to the list!
              > --MoniqueWS

            • theprincessandthemonkey
              Message 6 of 7 , May 23, 2010
                Hi everyone, my name is Lisa and I live in Sydney, Australia.

                I've been knitting for just over a year, normally doing small projects like beanies, scarfs, little kids jumpers and vests and a couple of cardigans for myself.

                I have just started making some blankets for friends having babies this year and I've had my eye on the beautiful Heirloom blanket for a few weeks. Last night I realised I have enough yarn (Bendigo Luxury 8ply in stone) to make a perfect version of it so am going to do it! I have another blanket I am 75% finished (Bring it On Baby Blanket by Pickles) that I am making myself finish first before I start the Heirloom. I'm hoping I can start by the end of this week.

                --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, hemlockringkal-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

                > We have some new members joining us. Please introduce yourself to the list!
                > --MoniqueWS

              • ginafranklin
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 16, 2010
                  Hi, I'm Gina and in the Atlanta area.

                  I found your group from the Ravelry site. I've never heard of the cast-on method the pattern mentions nor worked from a chart. I think the throw is beautiful and thought this would be a great project to learn some new skills.

                  I'm going today to my LYS to get supplies. This always makes me giddy with delight! :-))