Hemlockring KAL - was New Moderator/Owner

  • Marlene
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2010
      Yahoo just ate my email!  Oh well, start over.

      I downloaded all the instructions and patterns, both from Jared's site and various links.  I'm allergic to wool so I purchased some good old Berella 4 afghan yarn, used it before and love it. (same colour as Jared's).

       So I'll be starting out according to the instructions, with the same sized needles, but will have to make it larger as the pattern only makes an "almost" 4' diameter shawl/blanket/lapghan.  Definitely not enough for oversized me, three cats and one small dog.

      I really do hope the previous moderator is okay and that nothing serious happened to her/him.  It's great of you to step up!

        Marlene

    • Monique Schaefers
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2010

        My understanding is life changed directions for her.  She personally is doing OK and still a member of the list.

        -MoniqueWS

        On Behalf Of Marlene
        (SNIP)
        I really do hope the previous moderator is okay and that nothing serious happened to her/him.  It's great of you to step up!

      • Carmen Rigby
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 27, 2010
          Hi everybody the Moderator suggested I introduce myself so here goes!

          My name is Carmen and I found the group through Ravelry. My Ravelry user id is Carmen215. I've made lots of little stuff if you'd like to check out my project page. The Hemlock Ring Blanket will be the largest project for me yet.

          I just ordered the Cascade Ecological Wool from Jimmy Beans Wool yesterday but the colour I wanted (Latte) is on backorder. They said it will be 7-10 days before it ships. So I may be a little behind if we start in May!