New Moderator/Owner

  • hemlockringkal-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 26, 2010
      Hello Hemlock Ring KAL members!

      I am your new list owner/moderator. I have set membership to moderated. This means folks wanting to join will not automatically join but be funneled to me first. I will be asking them to share a little about themselves and their desire to join before I bring them into the group. I am hoping this will help cut down on the SPAM.

      Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I will try to get to them quickly. I am generally online each and every day.

      If anyone else is interested in co-moderating this list I would welcome your assistance. I do go out of town from time to time and a little help is a good thing. :-) Please let me know.

      I am getting ready to start a new Hemlock ring soon. Anyone else up for another??
      --
      MoniqueWS
    • srh1081@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 26, 2010
        Sure. I've never done one just been lurking on the list for a while.

        What start date?

        Shalanda

        Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 26, 2010

          How does May 1st sound?  Another date?

          -moniquews

          On Behalf Of srh1081@...

          Sure. I've never done one just been lurking on the list for a while.

          What start date?

        • Ronna
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 26, 2010
            Sounds great.  Thanks for the email.  New Hemlock Ring would be wonderful.
            SABLE Sister,  Ronna

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 26, 2010
              oh, good! I've yet to knit one, and this is just the inspiration I need!  moderated groups tend to be a very good idea! I've a smallish Yahoo knitting group and have it set to approve new members, and keep them on moderated status until sure of their judgment/motives..works well & members tend to appreciate..

              it's good to see the promise of activity here! thank you
              Ann R.

              If anyone else is interested in co-moderating this list I would welcome your assistance. I do go out of town from time to time and a little help is a good thing. :-) Please let me know.

              I am getting ready to start a new Hemlock ring soon. Anyone else up for another??
              --
              MoniqueWS
            • Linda Welcome
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 26, 2010
                I can't wait for another WebRing!!

                I am a 61 yr old Gram who teaches Knitting and Crochet in my home to lots of ladies, and sometime gentle men.

                I am rarely without either a hook or needles in my hands.

                I am also a Mousemaker.  Check out my shop:

                I'm happy you have taken over the reins and I wish you all the best!
                Welcome.

                Linda Welcome

                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 26, 2010
                    Hi Monique,
                      I an a new member and would definitley like to do a Hemlock ring!

                    Shirley

                  • Jungrav3n@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 26, 2010
                      Yes!  Come June 3rd!
                      I started one and go to the last increase before it breaks into feather & fan ...Had to tink and lost my place.  Looking forward to starting over!
                      Blessings,
                      Doree
                      § :~D)>+
                    • Louis Runci
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 26, 2010
                        Hey Monique, I've been in this group for a while and want to thank you for stepping up and taking over so we don't get all this garbage anymore.  I will be moving the end of the week and need a couple weeks to get settled but I am game for doing another Hemlock Ring.

                        Hugs, Smiles, and happy knitting,
                        Louis

                        While it may take a village to raise a child,
                        one child can & often does make a difference
                        in their community.

                        Louis Runci, Executive Director
                        Cleveland Royalty Court Program
                        www.misscleveland.org
                        216-355-4560

                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 26, 2010
                          Thanks for moderating Monique.

                          I've never got around to doing the Hemlock Ring despite having joined the Group "yonks" ago.  I think deep down I've been a little scared of it but am willing to have a go soon with the support of this group.

                          In friendship and stitches
                          Judy
                          Stitchheaven,
                          Sydney, Australia.

                          Monique WS wrote...."I am getting ready to start a new Hemlock ring soon. Anyone else up for another?"
                        • Lisa Christensen
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 26, 2010
                            Welcome New Moderator. I would like to finish, uh I mean make one! Count me in. :)
                          • Cindy Yeager
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 27, 2010
                              I've been a member for a while, but I've yet to knit one. I'd love to knit along with y'all!

                              Cindy in NH
                              http://eweifarm.blogspot.com

                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 27, 2010
                                I've already made two of them but I'm going to be casting on another one very soon.  Woohoo!
                                Thanks for taking over the group, Monique.  :)
                                Kathy Becker