Re: [hemlockringkal] progress?

  • Karen Ritchie
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1 5:24 PM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 1.5 MB
    completed!  here's my finished blanket- can't wait to begin another one

    Message 2 of 13 , Jul 9 9:40 AM
      Hi, I'm beginning 47 and I know I'm supposed to go to Jared's chart now, and I see the repeat section. Do I just do that over and over throughout the row? So the only thing on that one row are those repeated sections? I ask because I saw an older pattern saying I had to refer to Jared's chart and another written out chart as well?! So I'm totally confused.

    • hitherestephie@gmail.com
      Message 3 of 13 , Jul 9 9:42 AM
        I use the written instructions (some fabulous person converted the chart). I suggest using those. Super easy!

        From Stephie's BlackBerry

        From: "bobbieolmstead"
        Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 16:40:23 -0000
        To: <hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [hemlockringkal] Row 47

        Hi, I'm beginning 47 and I know I'm supposed to go to Jared's chart now, and I see the repeat section. Do I just do that over and over throughout the row? So the only thing on that one row are those repeated sections? I ask because I saw an older pattern saying I had to refer to Jared's chart and another written out chart as well?! So I'm totally confused.

        --- In hemlockringkal@ yahoogroups. com, Peggy Barsha <pbarsha@... > wrote:

        > Once you begin Jared's chart, the next 4 rows are knitted.  Then a  pattern row, 4 rows knited, pattern row, 4 rows knitted.  You do this same thing till
        > it's time to bind off.  It's really quite easy.  Use stitch markers all the way around.  I finished mine last week and blocked.  I think it turned out very well.
        >

        >____________ _________ _________ __

      • bobbieolmstead
        Message 4 of 13 , Jul 9 9:44 AM

          --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, Nicole Quaintance <nicole_quaintance@...> wrote:

          > I had the same problem on row 47, but instead of reworking the row, I
          > figured out where I was missing the 2 stitches and just increased a
          > stitch in the knit round.
          >
          > Sent from my iPhone
          >
          > On Jun 19, 2009, at 8:55 AM, "Beth" <babf69@...> wrote:
          >

          > > So, yesterday I finished round 47. Not bad I am thinking.........
          > > however, I ended up 2 sts short. I tinked back a bit, re worked, had
          > > to do it aghain, then put it away until this morning. I am now
          > > working on the 'thoery' that my stitch markers must have moved (due
          > > to open areas on them) and I ended up with
          > >
          > > 20,19,19,19,19,19,20,17 for my stitch count around the
          > > needles........ After looking long and hard at it, I moved one
          > > stitch from the first and last group of 'odd counts' into the
          > > section that was "missing" 2 sts.and now I am going to try to re-do
          > > row 47. Goodness I hope this works, I was making some wonderful
          > > progress until I find that.
          > >
          > > Also a question: Once I do the first row in Jareds chart, when I do
          > > the next three, are all the stitches knit??
          > >
          > > Beth

        • bobbieolmstead
          Message 5 of 13 , Jul 9 9:47 AM
            That's where I'm running into the confusion, because I see the repeat part of the chart "within" the written instructions so maybe just following the chart wouldn't work anyway?

          • hitherestephie@gmail.com
            Message 6 of 13 , Jul 9 9:51 AM
              Hmmm. I could figure the chart out at all. I think one of the more experienced hemlockers might have a better answer. For myself, I ditched the chart and used written only.

              From Stephie's BlackBerry

              From: "bobbieolmstead"
              Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 16:47:00 -0000
              To: <hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com>
              Subject: [hemlockringkal] Re: Row 47

              That's where I'm running into the confusion, because I see the repeat part of the chart "within" the written instructions so maybe just following the chart wouldn't work anyway?

              --- In hemlockringkal@ yahoogroups. com, hitherestephie@ ... wrote:

              > I use the written instructions (some fabulous person converted the chart). I suggest using those. Super easy!
              > From Stephie's BlackBerry

            • bobbieolmstead
              Message 7 of 13 , Jul 9 10:05 AM
                I got it! Finally! I went to the chart and instructions that are in the "files" here in this group (much better than mine) NOW it all makes sense....well at least the written instructions do....maybe I need to work on my chart reading skills, but for now, I can handle these written very easily - thanks so much!!

                --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, hitherestephie@... wrote:

                > Hmmm. I could figure the chart out at all. I think one of the more experienced hemlockers might have a better answer. For myself, I ditched the chart and used written only.
                > From Stephie's BlackBerry

              • knittingfairy11717
                Message 8 of 13 , Jul 10 12:42 PM
                  --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, hitherestephie@... wrote:

                  > Hmmm. I could figure the chart out at all. I think one of the more experienced hemlockers might have a better answer. For myself, I ditched the chart and used written only.
                  > From Stephie's BlackBerry

                  Stephie,
                  Where did you get the written instructions?

                  Thanks,

                  KM
                • hitherestephie@gmail.com
                  Message 9 of 13 , Jul 10 12:48 PM
                    I got them from the file section in this group. :-)

                    From Stephie's BlackBerry

                    From: "knittingfairy11717"
                    Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 19:42:43 -0000
                    To: <hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com>