Re: [hemlockringkal] progress?

  • Peggy Barsha
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 30, 2009
      Once you begin Jared's chart, the next 4 rows are knitted.  Then a  pattern row, 4 rows knited, pattern row, 4 rows knitted.  You do this same thing till
      it's time to bind off.  It's really quite easy.  Use stitch markers all the way around.  I finished mine last week and blocked.  I think it turned out very well.

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2009
      • 1 Attachment
      • 1.5 MB
      completed!  here's my finished blanket- can't wait to begin another one

      Message 3 of 13 , Jul 9, 2009
        Hi, I'm beginning 47 and I know I'm supposed to go to Jared's chart now, and I see the repeat section. Do I just do that over and over throughout the row? So the only thing on that one row are those repeated sections? I ask because I saw an older pattern saying I had to refer to Jared's chart and another written out chart as well?! So I'm totally confused.

      • hitherestephie@gmail.com
        Message 4 of 13 , Jul 9, 2009
          I use the written instructions (some fabulous person converted the chart). I suggest using those. Super easy!

          From Stephie's BlackBerry

          From: "bobbieolmstead"
          Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 16:40:23 -0000
          To: <hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: [hemlockringkal] Row 47

          Hi, I'm beginning 47 and I know I'm supposed to go to Jared's chart now, and I see the repeat section. Do I just do that over and over throughout the row? So the only thing on that one row are those repeated sections? I ask because I saw an older pattern saying I had to refer to Jared's chart and another written out chart as well?! So I'm totally confused.

          --- In hemlockringkal@ yahoogroups. com, Peggy Barsha <pbarsha@... > wrote:

          > Once you begin Jared's chart, the next 4 rows are knitted.  Then a  pattern row, 4 rows knited, pattern row, 4 rows knitted.  You do this same thing till
          > it's time to bind off.  It's really quite easy.  Use stitch markers all the way around.  I finished mine last week and blocked.  I think it turned out very well.
          >

          >____________ _________ _________ __

        • bobbieolmstead
          Message 5 of 13 , Jul 9, 2009

            --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, Nicole Quaintance <nicole_quaintance@...> wrote:

            > I had the same problem on row 47, but instead of reworking the row, I
            > figured out where I was missing the 2 stitches and just increased a
            > stitch in the knit round.
            >
            > Sent from my iPhone
            >
            > On Jun 19, 2009, at 8:55 AM, "Beth" <babf69@...> wrote:
            >

            > > So, yesterday I finished round 47. Not bad I am thinking.........
            > > however, I ended up 2 sts short. I tinked back a bit, re worked, had
            > > to do it aghain, then put it away until this morning. I am now
            > > working on the 'thoery' that my stitch markers must have moved (due
            > > to open areas on them) and I ended up with
            > >
            > > 20,19,19,19,19,19,20,17 for my stitch count around the
            > > needles........ After looking long and hard at it, I moved one
            > > stitch from the first and last group of 'odd counts' into the
            > > section that was "missing" 2 sts.and now I am going to try to re-do
            > > row 47. Goodness I hope this works, I was making some wonderful
            > > progress until I find that.
            > >
            > > Also a question: Once I do the first row in Jareds chart, when I do
            > > the next three, are all the stitches knit??
            > >
            > > Beth

          • bobbieolmstead
            Message 6 of 13 , Jul 9, 2009
              That's where I'm running into the confusion, because I see the repeat part of the chart "within" the written instructions so maybe just following the chart wouldn't work anyway?

            • hitherestephie@gmail.com
              Message 7 of 13 , Jul 9, 2009
                Hmmm. I could figure the chart out at all. I think one of the more experienced hemlockers might have a better answer. For myself, I ditched the chart and used written only.

                From Stephie's BlackBerry

                From: "bobbieolmstead"
                Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 16:47:00 -0000
                To: <hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com>
                Subject: [hemlockringkal] Re: Row 47

                That's where I'm running into the confusion, because I see the repeat part of the chart "within" the written instructions so maybe just following the chart wouldn't work anyway?

                --- In hemlockringkal@ yahoogroups. com, hitherestephie@ ... wrote:

                > I use the written instructions (some fabulous person converted the chart). I suggest using those. Super easy!
                > From Stephie's BlackBerry

              • bobbieolmstead
                Message 8 of 13 , Jul 9, 2009
                  I got it! Finally! I went to the chart and instructions that are in the "files" here in this group (much better than mine) NOW it all makes sense....well at least the written instructions do....maybe I need to work on my chart reading skills, but for now, I can handle these written very easily - thanks so much!!

                  --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, hitherestephie@... wrote:

                  > Hmmm. I could figure the chart out at all. I think one of the more experienced hemlockers might have a better answer. For myself, I ditched the chart and used written only.
                  > From Stephie's BlackBerry

                • knittingfairy11717
                  Message 9 of 13 , Jul 10, 2009
                    --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, hitherestephie@... wrote:

                    > Hmmm. I could figure the chart out at all. I think one of the more experienced hemlockers might have a better answer. For myself, I ditched the chart and used written only.
                    > From Stephie's BlackBerry

                    Stephie,
                    Where did you get the written instructions?

                    Thanks,

                    KM
                  • hitherestephie@gmail.com
                    Message 10 of 13 , Jul 10, 2009
                      I got them from the file section in this group. :-)

                      From Stephie's BlackBerry

                      From: "knittingfairy11717"
                      Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 19:42:43 -0000
                      To: <hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com>