How do You Knit 9 Sts in a YO??

  • mtrinity2025
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 18, 2009
      Hi Everyone!!

      I totally fell in love with the Hemlock Pattern but it is intimidating me. I'm in the process of making my first round table cover now that is similar and its coming out beautiful. So as soon as i'm done I feel confident enough to try the Hemlock. But as I'm reading the pattern I'm already scared.

      In round 14 it states to work 9sts in O (YO). I see that you have to K1,P1 4X K1 but how do you actually do it. I've tried and my hands get all "trippy" with it. Can someone direct me to the right method!!

      Also if you want to make the blanket longer I see that you just keep follwing the pattern but do you start from round 1 again or just keep increasing an extra 4 sts which is what I sort of gathered. I'm new to chart reading escpecially with Lace so this is all new to me.

      Can't wait to start!!
    • goddess_rl
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 19, 2009
        How do you....Carefully. Remember you should have created 2 loops worth of yarn over in the previous row. You drop one loop and then keep making stitches and not letting the left side come off. This should be a little hard as it is creating a gathered stitch effect. Like double crocheting 9 times in a chain two space. It looks good, but takes some concentration. Put in a safety line after you complete this and congratulate yourself, but there is not magic except practice.

        Good luck.
        Rebekah