RE: Hemlock Ring

  • marpeg2
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 4, 2009
      HELP! I feel so silly that I cannot figure this out. I used both the feather star doily pattern and Jerards (sp?) comparing the two as I knit. Things seemed to have worked out fine. Now I am up to round 47 and ready to begin with the chart. I am using the expanded chart that you were kind enough to send me, but I really don't know where to start. Typically charts are read from right to left. Is that true of this one. If so, then the very first stitch on line 47 is confusing to me. It is the #3 in a square colored pink. Does it mean I do 3 yarn overs for my first stitch. Also the blue square with a #2 and a \ over it. HELP! PLEASE!. So far it has turned out beautiful, but I have come to a complete stop. I feel like such a silly girl. Thank you.
      -Peggy
    • anne hols
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 5, 2009
        There is also a pattern available thru Raverly that the original designer of the Hemlock inspired someone to rework it so that it can be adapted to non-wool yarn.  I just typed in Hemlock and followed it from there.