Hemlock Ring

  • marpeg2
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 2, 2009
      I discovered that I had enough yarn in my stash to start this beautiful blanket. So, this morning, with a fresh cup of coffee I began and just love how it is turning out. I did not use the recommended yarn, but as I mentioned before am actually using some of my stash. I'll keep everyone posted as to my progress. I am up to the 29th round.
    • Erica Spotts
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 2, 2009
        Make sure you've found the errata for the 30-somethingth row or you'll pull your hair out (as I know from experience). The Rainey Sisters have the corrected pattern.

        Other than that it's a lot of fun!

        On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 3:21 PM, marpeg2 <peglmitchell@...> wrote:

        I discovered that I had enough yarn in my stash to start this beautiful blanket. So, this morning, with a fresh cup of coffee I began and just love how it is turning out. I did not use the recommended yarn, but as I mentioned before am actually using some of my stash. I'll keep everyone posted as to my progress. I am up to the 29th round.

      • Virgi
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 2, 2009

          Hi,

          Depending on what version you are using there may be an error in row 35.  If row 35 on your version reads: 35th rnd: yo, k1, yo, * sl 1, k2tog, psso., yo, k4, yo, sl 1, k2tog, psso., (yo, k1) twice; sl 1, k2tog, psso., (k1, yo)twice. Repeat from * around, you need to end with k1 and leave off the last yo, k1, yo.

          I used 100% acrylic and I was not happy with the results.  It looked ok as I was knitting it but when it came time to block it would not block out into shape properly.  Someone else may have found how to make it work well with acrylic by playing with needles sizes.  I have heard that cotton did not turn out well for someone else.  I hope everything goes perfect for you!

          Virgi

          Ravelry ID: virgrich94

          I discovered that I had enough yarn in my stash to start this beautiful blanket. So, this morning, with a fresh cup of coffee I began and just love how it is turning out. I did not use the recommended yarn, but as I mentioned before am actually using some of my stash. I'll keep everyone posted as to my progress. I am up to the 29th round.

        • fabfusion

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 3, 2009

              One of the other members said she used a wool yarn and it worked very well.  I think the animal fiber has the stretch needed to block out properly.

              Virgi

              Ravelry ID: virgrich94

              Wonder what did work????

              On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 9:05 PM, Virgi <dredhead94@gmail. com> wrote:

              Hi,

              Depending on what version you are using there may be an error in row 35.  If row 35 on your version reads: 35th rnd: yo, k1, yo, * sl 1, k2tog, psso., yo, k4, yo, sl 1, k2tog, psso., (yo, k1) twice; sl 1, k2tog, psso., (k1, yo)twice. Repeat from * around, you need to end with k1 and leave off the last yo, k1, yo.

              I used 100% acrylic and I was not happy with the results.  It looked ok as I was knitting it but when it came time to block it would not block out into shape properly.  Someone else may have found how to make it work well with acrylic by playing with needles sizes.  I have heard that cotton did not turn out well for someone else.  I hope everything goes perfect for you!

            • Carol Fessler

                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 4, 2009
                  HELP! I feel so silly that I cannot figure this out. I used both the feather star doily pattern and Jerards (sp?) comparing the two as I knit. Things seemed to have worked out fine. Now I am up to round 47 and ready to begin with the chart. I am using the expanded chart that you were kind enough to send me, but I really don't know where to start. Typically charts are read from right to left. Is that true of this one. If so, then the very first stitch on line 47 is confusing to me. It is the #3 in a square colored pink. Does it mean I do 3 yarn overs for my first stitch. Also the blue square with a #2 and a \ over it. HELP! PLEASE!. So far it has turned out beautiful, but I have come to a complete stop. I feel like such a silly girl. Thank you.
                  -Peggy
                • anne hols
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 5, 2009
                    There is also a pattern available thru Raverly that the original designer of the Hemlock inspired someone to rework it so that it can be adapted to non-wool yarn.  I just typed in Hemlock and followed it from there.