Re: Ok got the yarn and the needle

  • Virginia George
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 4, 2008
      My mom made one with 4 skeins of Patons on size 10 or 10.5 that we blocked on a futon - it just fit. I think she took it to row 87?

      -Virginia
    • clchinery
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 4, 2008
        Mary,
        I'd love a written out copy of the pattern, too. I'll try from the
        chart but it would be nice to have a fall-back plan.
        Thanks.
        Cara

        --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, "Mary White" <mrwhite56@...>

      • yaffe@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 4, 2008
          I would love a written version of this pattern to fall back on when I
          get confused with the charts!
          Brooke
          wrote:

          > I have a version that is completely written out per the original
          > format, Jared Flood and my extensions. Reply to this post with your
          > email and I'll send it to you. Mary
          >

          > --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, "blackprincess_1001"
          > <blackprincess_1001@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Ok so how much of the cascade would you recommend that I get as I
          > can
          > > get more of that.
          > >

          > > --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, "Jeri B" <soapquiltknit@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I don't think you have sufficient quantity of any of those
          yarns
          > > get a
          > > > big throw...
          > > > maybe someone else will chime in with their opinion. Or you
          > could
          > > check
          > > > ravelry for sizes of throw vs numbers of skeins.
          > > >
          > > > As to needle size, I'd go with a 10 or 10.5 (or 11) as it is
          > > a "lace"
          > > > throw.
          > > >
          > > > With regard to charts, I cannot provide any help with a non-
          > charted
          > > > pattern. I knit from charts almost exclusively Maybe someone
          > else
          > > can help
          > > > with written knitting instructions.
          > > > If you haven't had an eye exam in a year or two, and you're
          > having
          > > trouble
          > > > focusing, then it's time to see the eye doctor. If you
          > are "that"
          > > age,
          > > > maybe it's time for some readers?
          > > >
          > > > Jeri

          > can
          > > tell me
          > Could
          > > always get
          > Which
          > > one do
          > > my eyes

        • Mary White
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 4, 2008
            It's all written in this post #2371! ENJOY!!!

            --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, "clchinery" <clchinery@...>
            wrote:

            > Mary,
            > I'd love a written out copy of the pattern, too. I'll try from the
            > chart but it would be nice to have a fall-back plan.
            > Thanks.
            > Cara
            >

            > --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, "Mary White" <mrwhite56@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I have a version that is completely written out per the original
            > > format, Jared Flood and my extensions. Reply to this post with
            > your
            > > email and I'll send it to you. Mary
            > >

            > > --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, "blackprincess_1001"
            > > <blackprincess_1001@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Ok so how much of the cascade would you recommend that I get as
            > > can
            > > > get more of that.
            > > >

            > > > --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, "Jeri B"
            <soapquiltknit@>

            > yarns
            > > > get a
            > > could
            > > > check

            > > > a "lace"

            > > charted
            > > else
            > > > can help
            > > having
            > > > trouble
            > > are "that"
            > > > age,

            > > can
            > > > tell me
            > > Could
            > > > always get
            > > Which
            > > > one do
            > are
            > > > my eyes

          • Mary White
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 4, 2008
              --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, "yaffe@..." <yaffe@...> wrote:

              > I would love a written version of this pattern to fall back on when I
              > get confused with the charts!
              > Brooke

            • Brooke Yaffe
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 4, 2008
                Thak you!

                Brooke Yaffe
                405-210-6960

                It's all written in this post #2371! ENJOY!!!
                http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/hemlockrin gkal/message/ 2371

                wrote:

                > Mary,
                > I'd love a written out copy of the pattern, too. I'll try from the
                > chart but it would be nice to have a fall-back plan.
                > Thanks.
                > Cara
                >

                > --- In hemlockringkal@ yahoogroups. com, "Mary White" <mrwhite56@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > I have a version that is completely written out per the original
                > > format, Jared Flood and my extensions. Reply to this post with
                > your
                > > email and I'll send it to you. Mary
                > >

                > > --- In hemlockringkal@ yahoogroups. com, "blackprincess_ 1001"
                > > <blackprincess_ 1001@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Ok so how much of the cascade would you recommend that I get as
                > > can
                > > > get more of that.
                > > >

                > > > --- In hemlockringkal@ yahoogroups. com, "Jeri B"
                <soapquiltknit@ >

                > yarns
                > > > get a
                > > could
                > > > check

                > > > a "lace"

                > > charted
                > > else
                > > > can help
                > > having
                > > > trouble
                > > are "that"
                > > > age,

                > > can
                > > > tell me
                > > Could
                > > > always get
                also have some Louet Riverstone about 700-800 yrds or so.
                > > Which
                > > > one do
                > are
                > > > my eyes

              • Page
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 6, 2008
                  --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, "Mary White" <mrwhite56@...> wrote:

                  > I have a version that is completely written out per the original
                  > format, Jared Flood and my extensions. Reply to this post with your
                  > email and I'll send it to you. Mary

                  I would love to have this written version, I have held off starting
                  because I was daunted by the charts! Thanks somuch!
                  opcola@...
                • Mary White
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 6, 2008
                    > I would love to have this written version, I have held off starting
                    > because I was daunted by the charts! Thanks somuch!
                    > opcola@...

                    I posted these in posts#2378 and #2379! Enjoy!!!! Mary
                  • Karen
                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 6, 2008
                      I would love to receive your written pattern. This may get me going so
                      I will try the Hemlock.

                      Karen
                      aka bsktannie
                    • Mary White
                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 6, 2008
                        Go to posts #2378 and #2379, I posted them there. One is strictly for
                        wool fibers, the other for cotton, acrylic and blends. Enjoy!