Question about softening/blocking a Hemlock Ring

  • ladylazarus2107
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2008
      Hello all! I just joined this group although I'm currently working on
      my second Hemlock Ring. I'm using 100% wool yarn, but it's incredibly
      stiff and scratchy (and was only 100 yen a ball here in Japan) and I
      wanted to ask some advice about softening and blocking a Hemlock Ring
      that extends to approximately the 55th row of Jared Flood's chart.
      I've read a lot on ravelry about how using hair conditioner can
      significantly soften scratchy knitted things, but that using too much
      can make it sticky. So my question is this: how much hair conditioner
      should I use for a 55th-row Hemlock Ring, how long should I soak it,
      and in what kind (hot/cold) of water should I do this? Thanks so much
      in advance for your suggestions!
    • Jeri B
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 13, 2008
        I recommend you test hair conditioner to soften your wool using your
        swatch. If you didn't knit a swatch, now is the time.

        Jeri