Re: [hemlockringkal] Re: Estended pattern's yarn requirement

  • n ramsey
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 12, 2008
      What link?Nancy

      --- On Thu, 6/12/08, allnightmedia <dudewithsticks@...> wrote:
      From: allnightmedia <dudewithsticks@...>
      Subject: [hemlockringkal] Re: Estended pattern's yarn requirement
      To: hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, June 12, 2008, 6:07 PM

      Hello,

      I knitted the hemlock in eco wool using size US 10's. I extended the
      pattern and went up to row 131 plus the four rows of knit and the bind
      off. You have to be really careful once you get to the final rows. It
      takes up a load of yarn. Also, the bind off is takes a HUGE amt as
      well. It is not a normal bind off and it took me over four hours to do
      it. All in all my hemlock measured about five feet. I used about 2
      1/3 hanks total.

      Here is the link that we are on and feel free to come visit us and say
      hello and where you came from. There aren't quite as many members, but
      everyone is very friendly, helpful and hooked on doilies as blankets.

      Also, there are a few other KAL's that we are doing in different lace
      doilies as blankets.

      One last thing, if anyone would like a full complete written out
      version (hate charts)of the Hemlock Ring revised to Jared's directions,
      please click here and look for post 239. I have done it in a PDF and
      every row and corrections have been added.

      Take care,

      Gino
      dudewithsticks@ gmail.com

      --- In hemlockringkal@ yahoogroups. com, "tricoquelicot"
      <tricoquelicot@ ...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone, I post same question at Ravelry KAL but again, I post
      > here too.
      >
      > I am knitting this Hemlock with Eco wool, and now row 78. I use eco
      > wool and it is fabulous, now the first skein is heading to end, and I
      > have a question.
      > I have one more skein as Jared�fs instruction, but looks I won't use
      > up at row 87. Besides, I am knitting this to offer MIL as a winter
      > table cloth for her round table in living room. So I want it bigger
      > and am going more than 87, but I don�ft know I can go how far from
      > here, with two skeins of eco wool in total. Does anyone who made this
      > with two skeins of eco wool and bigger than 87 rows? I've got an
      > extended chart here, but I need to know when I should stop with this
      > yarn limitation.
      > Thanks!

    • Jeri B
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 14, 2008
        Your link didn't come through?

        Jeri

        On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 5:07 PM, allnightmedia <dudewithsticks@...> wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I knitted the hemlock in eco wool using size US 10's. I extended the
        > pattern and went up to row 131 plus the four rows of knit and the bind
        > off. You have to be really careful once you get to the final rows. It
        > takes up a load of yarn. Also, the bind off is takes a HUGE amt as
        > well. It is not a normal bind off and it took me over four hours to do
        > it. All in all my hemlock measured about five feet. I used about 2
        > 1/3 hanks total.
        >
        > Here is the link that we are on and feel free to come visit us and say
        > hello and where you came from. There aren't quite as many members, but
        > everyone is very friendly, helpful and hooked on doilies as blankets.
        >
        > Also, there are a few other KAL's that we are doing in different lace
        > doilies as blankets.
        >
        > One last thing, if anyone would like a full complete written out
        > version (hate charts)of the Hemlock Ring revised to Jared's directions,
        > please click here and look for post 239. I have done it in a PDF and
        > every row and corrections have been added.
        >
        > Take care,
        >
        > Gino
        > dudewithsticks@...
        >
        > --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, "tricoquelicot"
        > <tricoquelicot@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Hi everyone, I post same question at Ravelry KAL but again, I post
        >> here too.
        >>
        >> I am knitting this Hemlock with Eco wool, and now row 78. I use eco
        >> wool and it is fabulous, now the first skein is heading to end, and I
        >> have a question.
        >> I have one more skein as Jared fs instruction, but looks I won't use
        >> up at row 87. Besides, I am knitting this to offer MIL as a winter
        >> table cloth for her round table in living room. So I want it bigger
        >> and am going more than 87, but I don ft know I can go how far from
        >> here, with two skeins of eco wool in total. Does anyone who made this
        >> with two skeins of eco wool and bigger than 87 rows? I've got an
        >> extended chart here, but I need to know when I should stop with this
        >> yarn limitation.
        >> Thanks!

      • Liza
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 14, 2008
          Hi Jeri - I didn't ge tthe link either ~ would you mind sending it again,
          please.
          Many thanks,
          bionicbodger in sunny (at last) W France...

          --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, "Jeri B" <soapquiltknit@...>
          wrote:

          > Your link didn't come through?
          >
          > Jeri

        • Beverly
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 14, 2008
            Hello all,

            I'm looking for the link to Gino's PDF and cannot find it (can't
            figure out how to find post 239 either. Please help!

            Thanks in advance,
            Bev

            > > One last thing, if anyone would like a full complete written out
            > > version (hate charts)of the Hemlock Ring revised to Jared's
            directions,
            > > please click here and look for post 239. I have done it in a PDF
            and
            > > every row and corrections have been added.
            > >
            > > Take care,
            > >
            > > Gino
            > > dudewithsticks@...

          • Jeri B
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 15, 2008
              Sorry, I don't have a link to provide. It was Gino at
              dudewithsticks@... who posted a message with a reference to a
              link. Gino, do you have a link for us?

              Jeri

              On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 8:36 AM, Liza <lizaixi@...> wrote:
              > Hi Jeri - I didn't ge tthe link either ~ would you mind sending it again,
              > please.
              > Many thanks,
              > bionicbodger in sunny (at last) W France...
              >
              > --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, "Jeri B" <soapquiltknit@...>
              > wrote:
              >>
              >> Your link didn't come through?
              >>
              >> Jeri

            • allnightmedia
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 15, 2008
                Hi Jeri and All,

                I am sooooooooooo sorry that I didn't post the link. Major brain
                fart.

                Here is the link to the pdf...

                http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78142

                If the link doesn't work, please just go to www.knittinghelp.com and
                search the forums for KAL and look for the invitation to the hemlock
                ring knit along. Please let me know if it works and everyone is able
                to access it.

                Take care,

                Gino