Re: Rewrite of Hemlock Ring

  • knitnpurl62
    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 29, 2008
      Thanks for the information. I will look on Ravelry. I don't have a
      specific cotton in mind, but would like to make one for a friend that
      can not have wool so I'm looking for something that will work for him.
      Sally

      > Do you have a specific yarn in mind? Ravelry yarn reviews and
      projects can be very helpful
      > to see what a yarn is good for. I also love Clara Parkes' "Knitter's
      Book of Yarn". I got it for
      > Christmas and I have a whole new understanding of fiber properties.
      After knitting an
      > acrylic basketweave scarf that looks like a crumpled lavender
      intestine and will never lay
      > flat, I wholeheartedly believe not all yarn is created equal. :)

    • rosy
      Message 2 of 23 , May 1, 2008
        I have finally finished my Hemlock.

        http://coloratic.blogspot.com/

        It was a bit trying for me in the beginning but I got lots of help and
        from this site and others. I know there are some mistakes but it looks
        ok to me.
      • Mary White
        Message 3 of 23 , May 1, 2008
          --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, "rosy" <rosyhf2000@...> wrote:

          > I have finally finished my Hemlock.
          >
          > http://coloratic.blogspot.com/
          >
          > It was a bit trying for me in the beginning but I got lots of help
          and
          > from this site and others. I know there are some mistakes but it
          looks
          > ok to me.

          GREAT JOB, Rosy!!! It's lovely and you should be patting yourself on
          the back for this one!!! Mary
        • rlarose2222
          Message 4 of 23 , May 1, 2008
            I'm so glad yours is finished! It looks so nice too. What color wool did you use? It looks very
            snuggly. How did you block it?

            I'm about 25% of the way through my bind off and may finish tonight. If all goes well, I'll be
            blocking mine tomorrow.

            I think I'm doing Egeblad next. I need to knit something for myself!
          • Mary White
            Message 5 of 23 , May 1, 2008
              --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, "rlarose2222" <rlarose2222@...>
              wrote:

              > I'm so glad yours is finished! It looks so nice too. What color wool
              did you use? It looks very
              > snuggly. How did you block it?
              >
              > I'm about 25% of the way through my bind off and may finish tonight.
              If all goes well, I'll be
              > blocking mine tomorrow.
              >
              > I think I'm doing Egeblad next. I need to knit something for myself!

              And I am working on an extension for Egeblad that I hope will work!
              I'm testing it with size 2 needles and some slub cotton I have on
              hand. Wish me luck!!! Mary
            • rosy mosquitorose
              Message 6 of 23 , May 1, 2008
                Hi, has anybody been getting email from this group about an unsubscribe email from you? I have gotten about 6 of them and I have never requested to unsubscribe. Also have gotten them from my other knitting group on yahoo.

                Rosy

                To: hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com
                From: rosyhf2000@...
                Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 17:20:12 +0000
                Subject: [hemlockringkal] Re: Rewrite of Hemlock Ring

                I have finally finished my Hemlock.

                http://coloratic. blogspot. com/

                It was a bit trying for me in the beginning but I got lots of help and
                from this site and others. I know there are some mistakes but it looks
                ok to me.

                Back to work after baby– how do you know when you’re ready?
              • Angie
                Message 7 of 23 , May 2, 2008
                  No, I haven't gotten anything like that.

                  To: hemlockringkal@ yahoogroups. com