Re: [hemlockringkal] Re: Cascade 220 Question - Hold Double or Single?

  • Jeri B
    Message 1 of 33 , Apr 8, 2008
      I'm not exactly sure what you are saying but I think you are knitting half the project with the nickle plated circ and half with the laminated wood circ?  I fear that your gauge will be different with the two different kinds of needles and I caution you against this.  The difference may be small but over many rows and many stitches, it may show.  If you want to use both needle sets, I would mix the media, i.e. make two needles which each have a metal tip and a wood tip so that gauge differences are evenly distributed.

      Jeri

      On 4/8/08, rosy mosquitorose <rosyhf2000@...> wrote:

      Thank you so much. I have kntted into the right leg, but just wasn't sure and I'm so glad I can ask a bunch of experts. I am using the Options and will string floss. I am knitting with two circulars, one of them is the nickled plated and the other the colored wood. This way, not only do I know my beginning round but I can also spread it out to look at it real good. The only thing I'm going to have trouble with is when I get to the chart. I can read the chart and understand it but still have to figure out how to find the beginning of Jared's chart on the ring...but that will come, unless someone has a great tip. I love this knitting and plan on getting real good at it lol.

      Rosy

      To: hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com
      From: ruthspears@...
      Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 13:05:28 -0500
      Message 33 of 33 , Apr 13, 2008
        I am using the Rainey Sisters chart, the one with the Keys on it and
        it works perfectly. finish knitting row 46 then carry on for another
        9 stitches and then stitch no 10 is the start of your first pattern
        repeat on row 47. that is what I did and it works perfectly.

        --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, "Heather Fontenot"
        <Heather@...> wrote:

        > I have a quick question about the chart from the Rainey Sisters; On
        > Row 47, they say to knit 9, replace the marker and then begin the
        > chart. I don't see these instructions anywhere is the original
        > pattern, and I was just wondering if anyone else did this, and how
        it
        > turned out?
        >
        > thank for the help,
        > Heather
        >
        > --- In hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com, rosy mosquitorose
        > <rosyhf2000@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Sure. Here it
        > is .....http://www.theraineysisters.com/ccount/click.php?
        id=11....and
        > the link can be found here if this one doesn't
        > work......http://theraineysisters.com/?cat=51.Rosy
        > >

        > > To: hemlockringkal@: sylvia@: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 22:58:00 -
        > 0500Subject: RE: [hemlockringkal] Cascade 220 Question - Hold
        Double
        > or Single?
        > >

        > > Rosy,
        > >
        > > could you send me the link to this new chart. Is it on Ravelry
        or
        > the Yahoo Group files? I'm getting ready to start knitting and I
        > would like to have all the information together when I start.
        > > Thanks in advance,
        > > Sylvia
        > >

        > > From: hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com
        > [mailto:hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of rosy
        > mosquitoroseSent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 8:58 PMTo:
        > hemlockringkal@: RE: [hemlockringkal] Cascade 220 Question - Hold
        > Double or Single?
        > >

        > > I am using the same yarn that Jared used and I got it from Jimmy
        > Bean on line. I am on row 35 now and doing great. The rainysisters
        > have posted a new chart with a key and I have download it...it
        should
        > help a lot when I get to the certain row.....Rosy
        > >

        > > To: hemlockringkal@: jarkat2002@: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 20:47:24 -
        > 0400Subject: Re: [hemlockringkal] Cascade 220 Question - Hold
        Double