RE: [hemlockringkal] Re: Jared's chart

  • rosy mosquitorose
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2008
      Thank you so much for the help. I think a light is coming on. I will devote the entire day to the chart and instruction and will post my success later on.

      Rosy

      To: hemlockringkal@yahoogroups.com
      From: rebekah.mcnichol@...
      Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:09:52 -0500
      Subject: [hemlockringkal] Re: Jared's chart

      I will admit I was very confused my the lack if key on his chart. I
      finally put all the pieces together from the webs hints and tips and
      the written out directions. (before I found this group.)

      The chart begins on round 47 (I went through and added in the 47, 48,
      49 up the chart for my own sake since this was my first experience
      with a chart and I was cross referencing the written instructions
      every line. He starts his pattern in the middle of the repeat as well.
      (Isn't idiosyncrasy fun!) So, remember that the / symbol is for k2tog,
      \ for sl 1, k 1, psso and o is for yarn over. I think. I tried to
      review it but please check the written instructions. I think that
      folks who use a chart a lot know these conventions and sometimes
      forget that not all of us use these charts all the time. I did find
      the shift for the chart useful once I got my markers in the new
      places. Separating (even mentally) the skp and k2tog's was useful.

      Good luck. I can't wait to start my next one, but I have had a couple
      of baby blankets to work on and I want my next one to be wool.

      --Rebekah

      Windows Live Hotmail is giving away Zunes. Enter for your chance to win.