2990Re: [hemlockringkal] I'm near the end and have a question

  • christina wright
    Nov 18, 2011
      I used giant cones of yarn from my stash, so running out wasn't a concern for me. You will definitely need longer needles-lol

      I am not a lace knitter, this was my first project, and I had no problems at all with the cast off. Don't try to think ahead, just do it when you get there. If you are really concerned about it, knit a swatch and try it first, but I really don't think you will need to.

      On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 6:51 PM, mamabearknitting <warkenda@...> wrote:

      I am now on row 56 of the Feather and Fan chart and have about half of my Cascade Eco + left.  I have read that the knitted cast off takes  a great deal of yarn, but I would like to try it anyway.  If I continue the pattern for several more rows (the pattern I have goes through row 70) will I need a third skein of yarn to finish it?  I believe I will already need another set of circular needles because things are pretty tight on these as it is (believe it or not, I am using 18 inchers).

      The second part of my question involves the beautiful lace cast off.  I have tried to visualize it and can not get my hear wrapped around it.  Perhaps it would be best just to do it, but I do not want to mess it up completely.  Are there any suggestions or pointers for this edging?

      Thanks!

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic