RE: [helpinghands4theneedy] Re: AP Flood relief program

  • Ranjan, Phani
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 1, 2009

      Hi Mahesh,

                      Last time when we distributed books in Lepakshi it came in paper news. I think it may come in paper news but not sure of TV news, probably not sure but let me try if I can. If you have any source u can try out to make it to TV news also.

      Regards

      Phani Ranjan

      From: Ranjan, Phani <pranjan@...>
      To: "helpinghands4theneedy@yahoogroups.com" <helpinghands4theneedy@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Saturday, 31 October, 2009, 7:36 AM

      Hi All,

                      I could collect some data about the Govt. Jr College in Kurnool. The total strength of the college is around 800 and out of which 600 student families are flood affected. Already they are getting some sort of help from community in the form of basic amenities and some help in education. They still require some support for books which is also we thought to provide them. Still full strength of students aren’t attending to college also most of the lecturers are helping in distribution of flood relief funds across the district. Due to this we need some more time say around 1-2 weeks to get proper estimate.

                      We could discuss with a book stall and they are not able to provide the required stock as most of their stock flooded away and they need to order form Vijayawada and it takes some time. As our fund available to all 600 students we can filter some branches or final year students  and we can spend around 2K per head which allows us to go close by 2K students within our budget limits. Mean time I would try to get some more funds for this and if others are interested for this event they can send so that we can cover some more students in the distribution list.

      Ravi,

                      Once the final plan is decided I will make you a call so that u can come from Hyderabad and I will come from here. There are plenty of buses and also Trains available for the commuting between Kurnool and Hyderabad.

                      If some other people would like to join this event also are most welcome. Please let me know your views on this plan.

      Regards

      Phani Ranjan

      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 3, 2009

        Hi All,

                        Some good news is here, we spoke to VIKRAM/VGS publishers for providing books in bulk for 500 students and they are also inspired and came forward to bear 25K apart from what we will donate. We already have 46K+ in our account and Madhulatha has transferred 150$ (~ 6K + comes in a 3-4 days) and I am also in process to get some more funds from friends so that we can make it big by donating 50K. Please let me know if there are any concerns. I will finalize the deal with publishers  and the date for distribution program.

                        Please reply your views on this ASAP as it needs to be materialized in coming week itself.

        Thanks madhulatha for your contribution.

        Regards

        Phani Ranjan

                        Last time when we distributed books in Lepakshi it came in paper news. I think it may come in paper news but not sure of TV news, probably not sure but let me try if I can. If you have any source u can try out to make it to TV news also.

        Regards

        Phani Ranjan

        One suggestion from my side:: Since we are planning to help flood affected people and poor people in a big way , we should let this program to appear on the news channels like tv9 etc ..NOT for self promotion,...but doing this way lot of people will get to know about our group....Any poor families/people who are in real need they can directly contact us for help.... and Others can let poor/needy people to contact our group....

        Think over It....

        -Mahesh

        I transferred almost Rs 11,000.if i collect some money from my friends by this week end i will inform you how much i collected.so that we can plan accordigly.

        Thanks,
        Gopal

        --- In helpinghands4thenee dy@yahoogroups. com, "Ranjan, Phani" <pranjan@...> wrote:

        > Hi Vamsi, Ravi.
        > Thanks for sending your feedbacks.
        >
        > Regarding Vamsi’s query first we need to decide on budget on how much
        to spend based on that we can choose how many to people and price we are spending on each person. Choosing criteria could not be a problem as we are distributing books in Govt Colleges where most of them would be poor also strength won’t be too much. If our budget is not enough to give everybody we can cut some students who can afford in buying based on their financial background.

        > It would have been clear if you have answered my 4 questions mentioned
        below. Also you mentioned about a community, can you give some more details of what community you are specifying? Is it related to some backward groups/ one village / families under BPL ?

        > By next week we are expecting around some 10-15K more from our friends
        so we are left with 45-50K amount. If anybody needs to donate personally for this event are also welcomed. I am planning this trip by this month end and also I would request some of you to join me in this event instead of myself going alone.

        > Regards
        > Phani Ranjan

        From cricket scores to your friends. Try the Yahoo! India Homepage!

      • Ravi Chandra Enaganti

                          Last time when we distributed books in Lepakshi it came in paper news. I think it may come in paper news but not sure of TV news, probably not sure but let me try if I can. If you have any source u can try out to make it to TV news also.

          Regards

          Phani Ranjan

          One suggestion from my side:: Since we are planning to help flood affected people and poor people in a big way , we should let this program to appear on the news channels like tv9 etc ..NOT for self promotion,...but doing this way lot of people will get to know about our group....Any poor families/people who are in real need they can directly contact us for help.... and Others can let poor/needy people to contact our group....

          Think over It....

          -Mahesh

          I transferred almost Rs 11,000.if i collect some money from my friends by this week end i will inform you how much i collected.so that we can plan accordigly.

          Thanks,
          Gopal

          --- In helpinghands4thenee dy@yahoogroups. com, "Ranjan, Phani" <pranjan@...> wrote:

          > Hi Vamsi, Ravi.
          > Thanks for sending your feedbacks.
          >
          > Regarding Vamsi’s query first we need to decide on budget on how much to spend based on that we can choose how many to people and price we are spending on each person. Choosing criteria could not be a problem as we are distributing books in Govt Colleges where most of them would be poor also strength won’t be too much. If our budget is not enough to give everybody we can cut some students who can afford in buying based on their financial background.
          >
          > It would have been clear if you have answered my 4 questions mentioned below. Also you mentioned about a community, can you give some more details of what community you are specifying? Is it related to some backward groups/ one village / families under BPL ?
          >
          > By next week we are expecting around some 10-15K more from our friends so we are left with 45-50K amount. If anybody needs to donate personally for this event are also welcomed. I am planning this trip by this month end and also I would request some of you to join me in this event instead of myself going alone.
          >
          > Regards
          > Phani Ranjan

          From cricket scores to your friends. Try the Yahoo! India Homepage!

        • Ranjan, Phani
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 3, 2009

            No Ravi.. let’s not delay as we already have money also we are in process of finalizing the deal and if we get some more money we can think of other activities depending on money. As of now we have planned for Jr college if things work (like we get excess money) out we can also go for some other government schools which depends on how good we have organized this college event.

            Regards

            Phani Ranajn

            href="http://mc/compose?to=helpinghands4theneedy%40yahoogroups.com" target="_blank">helpinghands4thenee dy@yahoogroups. com [mailto:helpinghands4thenee dy@yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of vamsi t
> [...]
            which are flooded away of many school/college students. I am planning for distribution of books for poor students in government school/college in Kurnool town at least for few. Can you guys come up your thoughts on the same view and let me know how much money we can spend for distributing the books? Please respond ASAP so that accordingly I can plan a visit to Kurnool and organize this books distribution program.

            > Come up with your views on below points.
            >
            > 1. How many students we can help?
            >
            > 2. Per each student how much we can spend?
            >
            > 3. What and all we can give like text book/ note books /pen / pencil /
            guides etc.

            > 4. We have around 35K budget left in our account to what extent we can
            spend as this Is a major relief program.

            > Please respond ASAP as we need to plan by this month end which won’t

            From cricket scores to your friends. Try the Yahoo! India Homepage!

          • Ranjan, Phani
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 9, 2009

              Hi All,

                              More information on this Kurnool Flood relief program below.

              There are around 450+ flood affected poor students in that college and we are planning to make it round for donating 500 students. Each student will get 5-6 books depending on their branch and one book costs 60-70 Rs. In total we spend 300+ on  each student.

              Vikram publishers agreed for giving 50% as discount initially and also around 25K in donation, but we asked to include that money  as discounts and he agreed for additional 20% discount which comes to 70% discounts in total. So the final price will be 90+Rs  (30% of 300+) on each student aggregating 45,000+ for 500 students.

              Program is planned for this Friday ( i.e 13-11-10) as this Saturday is holiday. I request any of you guys come and involve in this program as it will have huge gathering of 600+ students and also some local higher officials.

              Ravi, please plan accordingly and we will meet in Kurnool this Friday J let me know if you have any issues or call me @9886490010

              Also we got already one lot of books we ordered form the publisher and the rest he will send after 2-3 days after which final amount is known as all above done is rough one. Initially we have paid 45K and if it exceeds the rest will be transferred later. I also got assurance from other people for donating 4K sum which should be coming in another couple of days.

              Regards

              Phani Ranjan

              No Ravi.. let’s not delay as we already have money also we are in process of finalizing the deal and if we get some more money we can think of other activities depending on money. As of now we have planned for Jr college if things work (like we get excess money) out we can also go for some other government schools which depends on how good we have organized this college event.

              Regards

              Phani Ranajn

                              Last time when we distributed books in Lepakshi it came in paper news. I think it may come in paper news but not sure of TV news, probably not sure but let me try if I can. If you have any source u can try out to make it to TV news also.

              Regards

              Phani Ranjan

              One suggestion from my side:: Since we are planning to help flood affected people and poor people in a big way , we should let this program to appear on the news channels like tv9 etc ..NOT for self promotion,...but doing this way lot of people will get to know about our group....Any poor families/people who are in real need they can directly contact us for help.... and Others can let poor/needy people to contact our group....

              Think over It....

              -Mahesh

              I transferred almost Rs 11,000.if i collect some money from my friends by this week end i will inform you how much i collected.so that we can plan accordigly.

              Thanks,
              Gopal

              --- In helpinghands4thenee dy@yahoogroups. com, "Ranjan, Phani" <pranjan@...> wrote:

              > Hi Vamsi, Ravi.
              > Thanks for sending your feedbacks.
              >
              > Regarding Vamsi’s query first we need to decide on budget on how much to
              spend based on that we can choose how many to people and price we are spending on each person. Choosing criteria could not be a problem as we are distributing books in Govt Colleges where most of them would be poor also strength won’t be too much. If our budget is not enough to give everybody we can cut some students who can afford in buying based on their financial background.

              > It would have been clear if you have answered my 4 questions mentioned
              below. Also you mentioned about a community, can you give some more details of what community you are specifying? Is it related to some backward groups/ one village / families under BPL ?

              > By next week we are expecting around some 10-15K more from our friends
              so we are left with 45-50K amount. If anybody needs to donate personally for this event are also welcomed. I am planning this trip by this month end and also I would request some of you to join me in this event instead of myself going alone.

              > Regards
              > Phani Ranjan

              From cricket scores to your friends. Try the Yahoo! India Homepage!

            • ajith kumar
              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 9, 2009
                Guys,

                You are doing a very good job and I am sure this program works out to the benefit of the students who are affected by the floods. Ravi and Phani, we all appreciate you for your dedication and time. For those who are coming forward with their donations, a very special thanks.

                - Ajith

                No Ravi.. let’s not delay as we already have money also we are in process of finalizing the deal and if we get some more money we can think of other activities depending on money. As of now we have planned for Jr college if things work (like we get excess money) out we can also go for some other government schools which depends on how good we have organized this college event.

                Regards

                Phani Ranajn

                                Last time when we distributed books in Lepakshi it came in paper news. I think it may come in paper news but not sure of TV news, probably not sure but let me try if I can. If you have any source u can try out to make it to TV news also.

                Regards

                Phani Ranjan

                One suggestion from my side:: Since we are planning to help flood affected people and poor people in a big way , we should let this program to appear on the news channels like tv9 etc ..NOT for self promotion,.. .but doing this way lot of people will get to know about our group....Any poor families/people who are in real need they can directly contact us for help.... and Others can let poor/needy people to contact our group....

                Think over It....

                -Mahesh

                I transferred almost Rs 11,000.if i collect some money from my friends by this week end i will inform you how much i collected.so that we can plan accordigly.

                Thanks,
                Gopal

                --- In helpinghands4thenee dy@yahoogroups. com, "Ranjan, Phani" <pranjan@...> wrote:

                > Hi Vamsi, Ravi.
                > Thanks for sending your feedbacks.
                >
                > Regarding Vamsi’s query first we need to decide on budget on how much to
                spend based on that we can choose how many to people and price we are spending on each person. Choosing criteria could not be a problem as we are distributing books in Govt Colleges where most of them would be poor also strength won’t be too much. If our budget is not enough to give everybody we can cut some students who can afford in buying based on their financial background.

                > It would have been clear if you have answered my 4 questions mentioned
                below. Also you mentioned about a community, can you give some more details of what community you are specifying? Is it related to some backward groups/ one village / families under BPL ?

                > By next week we are expecting around some 10-15K more from our friends
                so we are left with 45-50K amount. If anybody needs to donate personally for this event are also welcomed. I am planning this trip by this month end and also I would request some of you to join me in this event instead of myself going alone.

                > Regards
                > Phani Ranjan

                From cricket scores to your friends. Try the Yahoo! India Homepage!

              • Ranjan, Phani
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 11, 2009

                  Hi Ravi,

                                  Give me your phone no, there is change in program from Friday to Monday. College principal had some work on Friday so it got postponed to Monday. Make a note of this change.

                  Regards

                  Phani Ranjan

> [...]

                  > It would have been clear if you have answered my 4 questions mentioned
                  below. Also you mentioned about a community, can you give some more details of what community you are specifying? Is it related to some backward groups/ one village / families under BPL ?

                  > By next week we are expecting around some 10-15K more from our friends
                  so we are left with 45-50K amount. If anybody needs to donate personally for this event are also welcomed. I am planning this trip by this month end and also I would request some of you to join me in this event instead of myself going alone.

                  From cricket scores to your friends. Try the Yahoo! India Homepage!

                • Ranjan, Phani
                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 13, 2009
                  • 1 Attachment
                  • 190 KB

                  Attached is the banner prepared by Kurnool Govt Jr College staff for our program on this Monday J. Please try to attend this program If you are free on Monday.

                  Regards

                  Phani Ranjan

> [...]

                  > It would have been clear if you have answered my 4 questions mentioned
                  below. Also you mentioned about a community, can you give some more details of what community you are specifying? Is it related to some backward groups/ one village / families under BPL ?

                  > By next week we are expecting around some 10-15K more from our friends
                  so we are left with 45-50K amount. If anybody needs to donate personally for this event are also welcomed. I am planning this trip by this month end and also I would request some of you to join me in this event instead of myself going alone.

                  From cricket scores to your friends. Try the Yahoo! India Homepage!