Helms 25 Centerboard bolt.

  • Wayne Holmes
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2006
      I'm picking up my Helms 25 on the 28th and need some information about
      the centerboard hinge bolt so I can evaluate the one on this boat.

      I saw an access panel to this area on the Helms 25 I sailed. Is this a
      water tight panel? Is it above the waterline? What bearing does the
      bolt have in this centerboard pocket? Does the bearing surface and or
      bolt wear? If so, how is it properly repaired? Is the bolt stainless?

      I would appreciate as much information as possible on this section of
      the boat.

      Thanks,

      Wayne