Re: Helms 30

  • jumaggafanny
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20, 2005
      I chased the plastic caps for months, I finally made a replacement
      from a broom stick and painted it black, functional. Could be ready in
      time to sail.

      Last time I did any thing I welded all four shut and added a st. stl.
      ferrule for my new lifelines at rebuild.
      David

      --- In helmsyachts@yahoogroups.com, "hcalhounpleasants"
      <hpleasants@n...> wrote:
      > On my boat the top lifeline passes through a hard plastic cap
      inserted
      > into the top of each stantion. This cap is molded with the hole for
      > the lifeline. Some of mine are no longer black. They have turned
      sort
      > of gray. Where can I find new caps to replace the old ones? I have
      > tried the usual West Marine, Sailnet, etc. I have also tried
      Schaefer