Thanks!

  • starframe1946
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2004
      Eric,

      I appreciate the work you've done on this site and I will post info
      and pictures about my 1980 27' Helms asap. I am located at Lake
      Lanier, GA at 'Sunrise Cove' and purchased the boat in (May 04) with
      the idea to 'at least', start a partial refit. I love the design
      of the 27' (wish it had an anchor locker though) but this
      particular 'Helms' has not had the best of care.

      I first wanted to put the marine head back into shape. A
      requirement 'before' I get my wife and kids up here. The former
      owners had installed a flexible 'bladder type' holding tank that had
      fallen apart over the years. However, its 'memory lingers', if
      you know what I mean. I hired a local expert to help me with the
      repairs but he doesn't really think that my Helms is worth the
      effort. I need the help because my right hand can't be relied upon.
      I was wounded in Vietnam in 1968 and can't fully grip a hand tool.
      However I can darn sure pull on a sheet. Looking forward to
      participating here and hope to learn a bunch from other Helms
      owners.

      Zeebee