sailed my 25 in salt water

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2004
      i trailered my 25 to port aransas texas this week. spent 5 nights
      aboard my helms 25 and had a great time sailing through the bay and
      through channels. i crossed corpus christi bay with my girlfriend and
      my friend james. it was kind of interesting sailing across there with
      no land in sight. for a lake sailor it seemed very different. we
      sailed upwind all the way across. of course the wind changed and we
      had to sail upwind all the way back. that slowed us and we sailed
      into the night. dense fog entered and we navigated the ship channel
      with a compass and a depth finder. i never thought of a depth finder
      as a navigational aid. of course the wind was strait down the channel
      so we had to tack all the way. we made it back to the slip later on.
      i would say even though the conditions werent that favorable it was
      one of the most memorable sailing expiriences for me. how are
      everyones boats going?? happy sailing!!
      Eric