well its holding water. or should i say holding out water!

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12 9:25 PM
      i put my Helms 25 in the water 2 days ago and sailed her for the
      first time today. 8 mile an hour winds gusting to 30 miles an hour.
      probably not the finest sailing weather i have been in but i couldnt
      wait any longer. My friend James and i decided to give her a run down
      wind and back challenging her to see how she handled the gusts. with
      my dog, Losi (8 pounds), shivering in the 38 degree air and by my
      side acting as ballast we charged out of the marina. james hoisted
      the sails and we were off. immediatly our boat was hit by many gusts.
      i was told she was a good heavy weather boat and now i am a firm
      believer. ran down and then back upwind. she pointed up well. we just
      about dipped a rail a time or two. i didnt want to push her to hard
      the first time out though. i think i am going to change my name
      to "Captain Stoked". after 4 months of anticipation of this day i
      must say i am impressed with the Helms. only failure of the day was
      my homemade tiller bracket bent. back to the drawing board on that
      one! thanks for listening to me ramble on!
      Eric Swift