7Re: [Helm's Yachts] I need to make a Rudder

  • Eric Swift
    Dec 16, 2003
      mike, i wish i could help!! i am in the same boat!! pardon the pun!! mine is missing the rudder too. this week i will be fabricating one for mine. i would suggest a catalina style kick up rudder. i did find a good deal on a rudder assembly in texas...580.00 new. most people have quoted around 1000.00 let me know if you might be interested. i cant see paying that much when i know i can make the assembly myself for a fraction. plus i can see myself using that money in other areas. when i get mine done i will send a pic. maybe if you like it i can make you one too!! is yours a retractable keel? what size boat?
      Eric

      Eric Swift <pnh6999@...> wrote:mike, i wish i could help!! i am in the same boat!! pardon the pun!! mine is missing the rudder too. this week i will be fabricating one for mine. i would suggest a catalina style kick up rudder. i did find a good deal on a rudder assembly in texas...580.00 new. most people have quoted around 1000.00 let me know if you might be interested. i cant see paying that much when i know i can make the assembly myself for a fraction. plus i can see myself using that money in other areas. when i get mine done i will send a pic. maybe if you like it i can make you one too!! is yours a retractable keel? what size boat?
      Eric

      eddieaacc@... wrote:
      Hey anybody, Can you please take a picture AND give me dimensions,
      for a Rudder and Tiller. The Helms that I'm Still digging out of the
      sand (Pictures to be forth coming once I get it out of the sand)
      Doesn't have the tiller or rudder they were washed away during the
      storm before they moved the helms against the seawall where it ran
      aground.

      So, anything you can give me is a plus. Even if you send me a
      drawing I'm still 1 step closer.

      Thanks Mike

      Thank you,
      Eric Swift
      www.swiftperformance.com
      4948 Gilbert Dr. Ft Worth, Tx. 76116
      817-269-1766
      Swift Performance Radio Control.....Your Full Service Hobby Shop and Paintball Supplier!!