Re: cognitive improvements on hookworm?

  • Alberto
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 29, 2011
      When my wife was under the grip of allergies and food intolerances, one of the symptoms, when she had eaten something that did not agree with her, was what we called her potatoe head, something that, when you are playing duplicate bridge, is most unhelpful. Fortunately, all this temporary foggy mind has lifted now as it is clear by our bridge results. Another marker, perhaps ?

      --- In helminthictherapy@yahoogroups.com, "b_r_rikk" <brrikk@...> wrote:

      > hello everyone -- i started helminthic therapy late april of 2011 and was doing pretty well, then had to take levaquin antibiotics and experienced a lot of dysbiosis in my gut, followed by constipation and food intolerance. i had to kill off my hookworm/whipworm combo and stared over with 50 hookworm one week ago.
      >
      > although i got a nice bounce for about 5 days, currently i'm still dealing with food intolerance and have noticed a lot of brain fog. i wasn't really dealing with this pre-levaquin when i did the first round of HT, so i have nothing for comparison, but i was wondering if any of you here who succeeded with hookworm had a reduction in cognitive impairment, that is, the "brain fog" lifted once the worms were established.
      >
      > thanks!

    • b_r_rikk
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 30, 2011
        that's great to hear, alberto! thanks for the feedback. :-)

        --- In helminthictherapy@yahoogroups.com, "Alberto" <albertorivas100@...> wrote:

        > When my wife was under the grip of allergies and food intolerances, one of the symptoms, when she had eaten something that did not agree with her, was what we called her potatoe head, something that, when you are playing duplicate bridge, is most unhelpful. Fortunately, all this temporary foggy mind has lifted now as it is clear by our bridge results. Another marker, perhaps ?
        >
        > --- In helminthictherapy@yahoogroups.com, "b_r_rikk" <brrikk@> wrote:
        > >
        > > hello everyone -- i started helminthic therapy late april of 2011 and was doing pretty well, then had to take levaquin antibiotics and experienced a lot of dysbiosis in my gut, followed by constipation and food intolerance. i had to kill off my hookworm/whipworm combo and stared over with 50 hookworm one week ago.
        > >
        > > although i got a nice bounce for about 5 days, currently i'm still dealing with food intolerance and have noticed a lot of brain fog. i wasn't really dealing with this pre-levaquin when i did the first round of HT, so i have nothing for comparison, but i was wondering if any of you here who succeeded with hookworm had a reduction in cognitive impairment, that is, the "brain fog" lifted once the worms were established.
        > >
        > > thanks!

      • T C
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2011
          Hi
          In my experience once the helminths had successfully colonized the gut, It took about 4 months to regain my physical health and mental clarity. I began noticing improvements at 6 weeks.

          When I began HT, I took porcine whipworm ova (500 ova) every two weeks.

          Hope this helps :)

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2011
            thanks for the feedback!