10689Re: THOUGHTS ON HELMINTHIC THERAPY AND A RARE DISEASE CALLED MASTOCYTOSIS

  • rlmkelley1968
    Jul 28, 2014
      Donna - sorry to hear of your diagnosis.  Perhaps you feel better to know the source of all your symptoms? (I was relieved to figure out MS was causing ALL my odd symptoms and that I didn't have 5 diseases!)

      I am an allergic type person - severe allergic asthma since age 2, worsening seasonal allergies, recent allergy to chicken skin (since I am so allergic to down), and mild (knock on wood) RRMS.

      I believe my grandfather died of mast cell leukemia, which can be a consequence of mastocytosis.  When I looked up your type of mastocytosis, I saw many symptoms that I now experience.  I was thinking that I was developing another autoimmune condition, and perhaps HT would prevent this problem, but maybe I should check out mastocytosis.  I was told that I might have eosinophilic esophogitis - another mast cell disease.  What type of doctor diagnosed you - an allergist or an immunologist?  I have access to both.

      Also - I have read one small article about how asthma is a T2 disease, while MS is a T1 disease and they may cancel each other out (perhaps having asthma is helping my MS to remain mild).  They are currently studying two asthma medications for MS, so something about asthma or its treatment helps MS.  Does anybody know how HT affects the T2/T1 balance in this type of situation?

      Thanks!
      Rachel
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic