Question concerning MacTaggart

  • volker.buehn@devk.de
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4 1:19 AM
      Hi,

      I am Volker Bühn from Cologne in Germany. I have joined this list in
      order to learn something about Hegel's "Logic" which interests me
      most. So I try to find out, if there _is_ something in this Logic
      behind all this immense bulk of words and their complicated grammar.
      As you will guess, my background is not Hegelian. I prefer a more
      scientific kind of thinking, which has its base in Critical
      Rationalism (Popper / Albert) and - concerning the language of
      theories - in Analytical Philosophy.

      But as I said, I am also open to dialectics; and as soon as I
      understand it, I will make my mind upon it. So I am specially
      interested in the relation of traditional and dialectical logic. In
      this respect I have found an excellent study of Gotthard
      Günther, "Grundzüge einer neuen Theorie des Denkens in Hegels Logik",
      Hamburg 1978(2), who tries to combine analytical and Hegelian logic
      respectively tries to find the fundamental dinstinctions between them.

      Traditionally MacTaggarts "A Comentary on Hegel's Logic" is
      acknowledged to be a good introduction of understanding the "Logic".
      Now I've found an E-book in the net which is called "STUDIES IN THE
      HEGELIAN DIALECTIC", also by MacTaggart. The question is now: is it
      the same book or a different one - only with another title? And if
      different: can someone tell me where I could get MacTaggarts
      original "Commentary"?

      thanks Volker