Need Two Switches With 3/4" Bushing

  • Gary H. Harmon, Jr.
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2014

      My local restoration guru is restoring a HQ-145X and needs two matching switches.  The original switches have a short handle with a little ball on the end but switches without the ball are fine as long as the two match otherwise.  They can be SPST or DPDT but the bushing length must be 3/4" minimum.

      Any sources?

      "Meanwhile, trying to finish up the HQ-145X and have run into intermittent operation of the toggle switches on the AGC and the Noise Limiter.  Sometimes they make internal contact, sometimes when they are switched off they stay on.  I think they are just worn out and I see no way of servicing them without destroying them.  I have spent many hours going through junk drawers, catalogs, and the internet and have yet to find a simple toggle that will be a suitable substitute.  The problem on a workable match is the bushing length.  I need a panel bushing ¾” long, everything made today is ½ inch long.  SPST switch action, bushing diameter of ½ inch, bushing length of ¾”, toggle operated.  Any ideas of where to find a matching pair let me know?"

      73,

      Gary H. Harmon, Jr. - K5JWK

      6003 Archwood

      San Antonio, TX 78239-1504

      210.657.1549h / 210.884.6926c/t

      "Retirement means every day is a Saturday except Sunday"

      http://www.grissomroadcoc.org