HW8 vfo problems

  • john gallagher
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2014
      I found my old  HW8 this past week and I looked inside to make sure it was in working order. It was not.  The blades from the vfo cap fell off the shaft.  Question to the group.  How hard is it to put them back on and how do you do it, what tools do I need?  Second is there a video on you tube on this? Has anyone designed a varactor  diode type of replacement?  thanks

      John

      KA9AZD
    • Don Peterson
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 30, 2014
        I have replacement HW-8 tuning caps on eBay for $20 shipped.  Do a search on eBay for HW-8, you'll see them.

        --
        Don Peterson
        Data Professionals

        925-548-6404

      • Howie
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 30, 2014
          They should just snap in so if they fell off you prob could put them back,BUT^ do not bend them at all when attempting this,AND ,if your sucessful in geting them back in make SURE they`re not shorted together or to any other part of the cap body.