Circuit Board for 1M-11 VTVM

  • chemsherm
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 16, 2014
      I know this is probably a very remote possibility, but I am looking for a circuit board for a  1M-11 VTVM.  The board has the number 85-9 on it.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    • k4pf@juno.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 16, 2014
        > chemsherm@... wrote
        > I know this is probably a very remote possibility, but I am looking for a circuit board for a 1M-11 VTVM. The board has the number 85-9 on it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

        Hi,

        I would just buy a junker IM-11 via eBay and scrap out the pc board.
        Please note that it is an IM-11, not 1M-11.

        regards,
        Ed Knobloch
        _
      • Don Peterson
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 16, 2014
          With or without parts mounted?  I have a few IM-11's in the boneyard.

          --
          Don Peterson
          Data Professionals

          925-548-6404

        • Van Lincoln
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 16, 2014
            To: <TubeTesters@yahoogroups.com>
            Date: 16 Jan 2014
            Subject: [=>TUBETESTERS<=] RadioWinterFest near Baltimore-Washington Airport 1/19/14

            Coming this Sunday, RadioWinterFest; an all-indoor meet and auction to be held at the National Electronics Museum facility near Baltimore-Washington Airport (BWI) on January 19th 2014.

            Presented jointly by the Mid-Atlantic Antique Radio Club and the National Electronics Museum, you can find more details at www.Maarc.org or www.nationalelectronicsmuseum.org and the RadioWinterFest near Baltimore-Washington Airport 1/19/14 file at http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/TubeTesters/files.

            In-door Flea Market: 9:00 am —11:300 am, Auction: Noon

            Directions from Washington: Take Route 295 North (Baltimore-Washington Parkway), take West Nursery Road exit and stay right on ramp, go through three stoplights and Turn left on Elm Rd, Museum is on the corner of Nursery and Elm across from the Marriot Hotel.

            Directions from Baltimore: Take Route 295 South (Baltimore-Washington Parkway), take West Nursery Road exit, turn left at light and go through four stoplights and Turn left on Elm Rd, Museum is on the corner of Nursery and Elm across from the Marriot Hotel.

            TubeTesters is a group devoted to the preservation, use, and repair of Tube Testers from the 30's on through the 1970's. The names are legion...Hickok, Triplett, B&K, Heathkit, EICO, Lafayette, Allied, Knight, etc. Have one to sell, want to buy, want to extol the virtues of a particular unit? List and explain on this group. We'll listen, after all, we possess our own favorite, or we're looking for it.

            Van Lincoln - wd8aam -
          • Paul Sherman
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 17, 2014
              Hi Ed,
                 After reading your reply to my post yesterday, I was cleaning up the case to the meter this morning and noted the small foil sticker that Heathkit always supplied with their kits. The designation that is on the sticker for this model, I found to be, IM-II.  The designation on the front of the Assembly Manual is 1M-11.  Makes you wonder which one is correct.
              Thanks for your reply,
              Paul Sherman

              On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 5:44 PM, k4pf@... <k4pf@...> wrote:

              > chemsherm@... wrote
              > I know this is probably a very remote possibility, but I am looking for a circuit board for a  1M-11 VTVM.  The board has the number 85-9 on it.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

              Hi,

              I would just buy a junker IM-11 via eBay and scrap out the pc board.
              Please note that it is an IM-11, not 1M-11.

              regards,
              Ed Knobloch
              _

              ------------------------------------

              GROUP STATEMENT: Heathkit@yahoogroups.com purpose is to promote Heathkit
              discussions, as well as selling/buying Heathkit items and parts, and
              providing answers to questions relating to problems and maintenance of
              equipment. All Heathkit items(Ham/Test/Audio/RC/Automotive/Computers,etc.)
              are welcome subjects.
              MEMBERSHIP: 2648 members (as of 02/16/13), with a few ex-heath employees).
              NOTE: Pictures and attachments to e-mail are not permitted due to possible
               virus's, so please post them to a website OR to the groups 'files'
               section for them to download OR send them direct to the group member.
              NOTE 2: All auction items EBAY etc., are always WELCOME to be advertised.
              <*>MANUAL SOURCES BIG LIST in the GROUPS 'FILE' SECTION...CHECK IT OUT<*>

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  heathkit-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  heathkit-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            • w5rkl
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 17, 2014

                I have an IM-11 VTVM and the PC board number is the same as your IM-11 PC board number, 85-9.

                Hope that clears up some confusion.

                73

                Mike W5RKL

              • Dave Daniel
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 17, 2014
                  For Heathkits, the two (or sometimes three) letter prefix for the model number had meaning. "IM" means "Instrument, Meter". Other examples are "IG", for "Instrument, Generator" and "IT for "Instrument, Tester" (or was it "Instrument, Transistor"? I forget).

                  It sounds as if the "1M-11" was a misprint. Weird. I have seen lots of eBay auctions where the "I" in a Heathkit model number was replaced with a "1", but never on anything that was actually part of a Heathkit kit.

                  Cheers,
                  DaveD

                  On 1/17/2014 3:18 PM, Paul Sherman wrote:

                  Hi Ed,
                     After reading your reply to my post yesterday, I was cleaning up the case to the meter this morning and noted the small foil sticker that Heathkit always supplied with their kits. The designation that is on the sticker for this model, I found to be, IM-II.  The designation on the front of the Assembly Manual is 1M-11.  Makes you wonder which one is correct.
                  Thanks for your reply,
                  Paul Sherman

                  On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 5:44 PM, k4pf@... <k4pf@...> wrote:

                  > chemsherm@... wrote
                  > I know this is probably a very remote possibility, but I am looking for a circuit board for a  1M-11 VTVM.  The board has the number 85-9 on it.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

                  Hi,

                  I would just buy a junker IM-11 via eBay and scrap out the pc board.
                  Please note that it is an IM-11, not 1M-11.

                  regards,
                  Ed Knobloch
                  _

                  ------------------------------------

                  GROUP STATEMENT: Heathkit@yahoogroups.com purpose is to promote Heathkit
                  discussions, as well as selling/buying Heathkit items and parts, and
                  providing answers to questions relating to problems and maintenance of
                  equipment. All Heathkit items(Ham/Test/Audio/RC/Automotive/Computers,etc.)
                  are welcome subjects.
                  MEMBERSHIP: 2648 members (as of 02/16/13), with a few ex-heath employees).
                  NOTE: Pictures and attachments to e-mail are not permitted due to possible
                   virus's, so please post them to a website OR to the groups 'files'
                   section for them to download OR send them direct to the group member.
                  NOTE 2: All auction items EBAY etc., are always WELCOME to be advertised.
                  <*>MANUAL SOURCES BIG LIST in the GROUPS 'FILE' SECTION...CHECK IT OUT<*>

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      heathkit-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      heathkit-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                • Bart VanAllen
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 18, 2014
                    Misprint perhaps -
                    In the old typesetting machines, and depending on which font is used, the upper case "I" (i, I), the lower case "l" (l, L) and the numeral "1" can be represented by the same image.  Plus, Linotype machine operators can misinterpret which is which from the type written original copy, a very normal thing.
                    IM, lM or 1M --  which typeface are you using on your computer to read this?  They may not look the same to all of you  -----
                    The clarification or Instrument Meter is important, thank you DavidD --

                    --
                    Bart VanAllen
                    KA7ZFD

                  • wa2cky
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 19, 2014
                      The answer is "I" (i.e. a capital i). The "I" stands for Instrument and the 'M' stands for Meter.

                      Bob Groh
                      Heathkit Engineering, 1977 to 1981
                      And long-time Heathkit builder and user

                      --- In heathkit@yahoogroups.com, Paul Sherman <chemsherm@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Ed,
                      > After reading your reply to my post yesterday, I was cleaning up the
                      > case to the meter this morning and noted the small foil sticker that
                      > Heathkit always supplied with their kits. The designation that is on the
                      > sticker for this model, I found to be, IM-II. The designation on the front
                      > of the Assembly Manual is 1M-11. Makes you wonder which one is correct.
                      --- snip ----
                    • Doug Blodgett
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 22, 2014
                        This is an old thread (by this groups standards) but I just wanted to add my own experience to it, which happened this morning.
                        I picked up a Heath sine-square audio generator several years ago that has a model number of IG-5218 silk-screened on the front panel but a builders foil sticker that says SG-5218.  I was getting ready to order a manual for it today when I noticed the difference.

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 22, 2014

                          Google says theSG-5218 was a factory wired unit.  The IG-5218 manual should be the same.

                          Gary H. Harmon, Jr. - K5JWK

                          6003 Archwood

                          San Antonio, TX 78239-1504

                          210.657.1549h / 210.884.6926c/t

                          "Retirement means every day is a Saturday except Sunday"

                          http://www.grissomroadcoc.org

                          Message 12 of 15 , Jan 22, 2014
                            Thank you.

                            Doug
                            Spring, TX

                            Message 13 of 15 , Jan 22, 2014
                            • Doug Blodgett
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jan 22, 2014
                                Thanks for the link Bill.  I had looked at these earlier and decided to go ahead and order the whole manual from Data Professionals.  When I was building Heathkits many years ago (I used to build the store demonstrators and take my earnings as payment towards the ones I wanted for myself) I used to always skip over the "how it works" section unless I had trouble with the kit.  Now I find that I actually like reading that section, so nowadays when I acquire a kit I didn't actually build, I try to obtain the whole manual for it .

                                Doug