RE: [Heathkit:Yahoo] Re: Heathkit HA-10

  • Claude Paré
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 24, 2013
      Have a look at this……………..

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/360452594611?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
      <http://www.ebay.com/itm/360452594611?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984
      .m1439.l2649> &_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

      Claude

      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 2, 2013
        I have desided to go with this product, I hate to order anything from China but it looks like it is what is needed at $10.00
        Thanks for all the help. I will let you guys know how it works.
        Bob W1GTH

        koski" <tubesrus@...> wrote:

        > Heat sink compound by itself won't hold anything. Possibly you could use
        > thermal tape like this

        http://www.itapestore.com/3mthermallyconductivetransfertapes-880588108815882
        > 0.aspx
        >

        > there are also thermal adhesives of various types available too.
        >

        > _____
        >
        > From: heathkit@yahoogroups.com <mailto:heathkit%40yahoogroups.com>
        > I desided to build my own pad with the advise to use the Caddock thin film
        > resistors. I purchased them from Allied . They are small (Appx. 1/8 inch
        > thick by 5/16 inch square) and there is no hole to screw them to a heat
        > sink. I have never used heat sink compound and my question is will the
        > compound secure the resistors sufficiently?
        > Thanks for the help from everyone
        >
        > Bob W1GTH

      • Bob
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 23, 2013
          Well as for the China heat sink "glue" it leaves a little bit to be desired at least to my thinking. It has some glue property's but it dosn't take much to loosen the resistor from the heat sink. On a more important level I have fried two of the Caddock resistors with about 30 second's of key down. At this point I am going to go with carbon resistors. The problem is that I dont have much of anything in high wattage carbon type. And so I am asking if anyone has any that they would be willing to part with. The schematic calls for two at 16.6 ohms one at 4  watts and one at 16 watts. And one at 66.9 ohms at 66.9 watts. The resistance values I am sure have been calculated by someone with a slide rule and really don't mean all that that much. I had to use a 75 ohm at 25 watts and two 10 ohms at 25 watts with the Caddocks because thats as close as is available. While it lasted the RF was at 60 watts which is just where I hoped it would be. If someone has some carbons fairly close that I could parallel that would be appreciated. I have this set up in a fairly small box and so the room for the amount of resistors is limited .
          Thanks
          Bob W1GTH