Re: [Heathkit:Yahoo] Crystals for the twoer, sixer, and tener

  • g3oou@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2009
      Hi Joel

      According to my documentation the HW30 has FT241/FT243 crystal holders with
      half inch spaced pins of diameter 0.093inch.

      73

      Bob

      Bob F Burns
      Amateur radio callign G3OOU
      G-QRP member No. 6907
      Joint site with Crystal Palace Radio & Electronics Club: _www.g3oou.co.uk_
      (http://www.g3oou.co.uk/)
      My technical site: _http://www.qsl.net/g3oou/_ (http://www.qsl.net/g3oou/)

    • Forrest Plumstead
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2009
        On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 2:51 AM, <g3oou@...> wrote:

        > Hi Joel
        >
        > According to my documentation the HW30 has FT241/FT243 crystal holders with
        >
        > half inch spaced pins of diameter 0.093inch.
        >
        > 73
        >
        > Bob
        >
        > Bob F Burns
        > Amateur radio callign G3OOU
        > G-QRP member No. 6907
        > Joint site with Crystal Palace Radio & Electronics Club: _www.g3oou.co.uk_
        > (http://www.g3oou.co.uk/)
        > My technical site: _http://www.qsl.net/g3oou/_ (http://www.qsl.net/g3oou/)

        Hi Joel!

        The FT241/FT243 crystal holders used the large case large pin crystals that
        when I was a novice we called surplus xtals cause the came from WWII and
        Korea.

        BTW with the large pin xtals you could use the old octal tube sockets as
        xtal holders. I installed one on my first homebrew Xmiter with a switch and
        could keep two crystals in my rig!

        --
        Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
        Plumstead and Associated Families:

      • charles hawes
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2009
          Bob Your web sites not working

          _____

          According to my documentation the HW30 has FT241/FT243 crystal holders with
          half inch spaced pins of diameter 0.093inch.

          73

          Bob

          Bob F Burns
          Amateur radio callign G3OOU
          G-QRP member No. 6907
          Joint site with Crystal Palace Radio & Electronics Club: _www.g3oou.co.uk_
          (http://www.g3oou <http://www.g3oou.co.uk/> co.uk/)
          My technical site: _http://www.qsl <http://www.qsl.net/g3oou/_> net/g3oou/_
          (http://www.qsl <http://www.qsl.net/g3oou/> net/g3oou/)

        • Joel Wilson
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2009
            That's pretty slick. I like that idea. I showed my wife a picture of the Twoer that I've got coming, and she says "It's kinda cute, isn't it?" Leave it to my wife...
            Thanks for the info.

            Joel
            norcal